10| Drunk As A Sailor

Connor's perspective

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

07:51 PM

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Back in the Zen garden, rain pouring, a feeling of tranquillity – the first things that registered in Connor's mind. He made his way towards Amanda, umbrella in hand.

"Hello Amanda."

"Connor, I've been expecting you. Would you mind a little walk?"

Taking his place at her side, he opened the umbrella, ensuring it sheltered both of them as they made their way along the pathway.

"That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case. A pity you didn't manage to capture it." Connor could hear the pressure in her voice.

At that very time during the case, throughout that very moment, not wanting to accept it...

But the only thing Connor was focusing on...

Was (Y/N) dangling over that ledge.

But if he told Amanda that, would she suspect he was deviating?

"Deviants are completely irrational," He pushed on anyway. "which makes it difficult to anticipate their behaviour. But I should have been more effective."

They continued their journey, following their unknown route.

"Did you manage to learn anything?"

"The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths & other symbols. Like the other deviants it seemed obsessed with rA9."

"What else?"

"It was fascinated by birds. We've seen deviants interested in other lifeforms like insects or pets, but nothing like this."

"You came very close to capturing that deviant..." Amanda looked at the android, almost disappointingly.

"How is your relationship with the Lieutenant & Detective going?"

"It's improving. I'm coming to know them better & they're growing accustomed to my presence. Detective (L/N) seemed grateful that I saved her life on the roof. She thanked me several times afterwards."

At the middle of one of the several bridges, Amanda stopped walking.

"We don't have much time." She explained. "Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." He held his tone of certainty.

"A new case just came in. Find both of your partners & investigate it."

With that, she walked away from the android who was still holding the umbrella to shelter himself. He stood in silence, watching her make an exit.

There was no time to lose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He rang the doorbell at Anderson's estate once again.

"Anybody home?"

Still no answer.

Connor had been trying to find the Lieutenant, & the last place he was checking was his house. He peered through the window to see Hank unconscious inside.

"Lieutenant Anderson?"

Using his elbow, he smashed the window pane & stepped back. He vaulted into the house, coming face to face with a large Saint Bernard.

"Argh! Easy! ...Sumo. I'm your friend, see? I know your name. I'm here to save your owner." He immediately backed up, padding over to his water bowl as the android stood up.

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Check on Hank

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Walking over to the drunk officer, he inspected the stain on his shirt, the alcohol next to him & the traces of said alcohol on his face.

"Lieutenant?"

He gently tapped the side of Hank's face & he stirred in response.

"Wake up, Lieutenant!"

His eyelids were slowly opening, but not open long enough to register the strong slap across the face Connor gave him.

"It's me, Connor!"

That did the trick to wake him up, so the RK800 started helping him to his feet.

"I'm going to sober you up for your own safety. I have to warn you-"

"Hey! ...Leave me alone, you fuckin' android!"

"This may be unpleasant."

"Get the fuck outta my house!"

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but I need you."

Finally getting him off the ground, Connor slung the drunk's arm over his shoulder.

"Thank you in advance for your cooperation."

"Hey! Get the fuck outta here!"

._____._______.____.______.

Take Hank to the bathroom

._____._______.____.______.

"Sumo! Attack!"

Sumo responded by giving a simple bark from where he was laying.

"Good dog. Attack!" Hank's speech was slurred due to the alcohol levels in his system. The RK800 steadied him against a wall.

"Fuck, I think I'm gonna be sick."

Connor opened the door to the bathroom before retrieving Hank.

"Ah! Leave me alone, you asshole! I'm not going anywhere."

He dragged the drunk officer into the bathroom.

"What the hell are you doing?"

He supported Hank against the edge of the bathtub.

"Oh, no, no. I don't want a bath, thank you." Hank stated, trying to stand up.

"Sorry Lieutenant," Connor pushed him lightly so he fell back into the tub. "it's for your own good."

He reached for the tap, turning on the shower head so it streamed water onto the Lieutenant.

"TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!" Hank yelled.

Connor complied a few seconds afterwards.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"A homicide was reported 43 minutes ago. I couldn't find you at Jimmy's bar & called (Y/N) but she told me she didn't know where you were, so I came to see if you were at home."
"Jesus I must be the only cop in the world," Hank leaned forward, resting his palms on his knees. "who gets assaulted in his own house by his own fuckin' android. Can't you just leave me alone?"

"You seem to have personal issues. You should consult a professional who can help you."

"Beat it! You hear me?! Get the hell outta here!" He staggered forward, Connor lowered him back down to the rim of the bathtub.

"I understand. It probably wasn't interesting anyway..." He started treading towards the door of the bathroom.

"A man found dead at a sex club downtown...Guess they'll have to solve the case without us..."

"You know, probably wouldn't do me any harm to get some fresh air...There's some clothes in the bedroom there."

._____.__.__.____._________.

Bring Hank clean clothes

._____.__.__.____._________.

"I'll go get them."

He'd found where Hank was, now he just had to get (Y/N) & then they'd be able to start off the new case.