Chapter Six

This perfect cover was made by camgonzalezpr Thank you so so much!

His Game: Chapter Six

The next day, Monday, I find myself waiting by the spot at school I know Joey will pull her motorcycle into. She's rather consistent with that. Normally I'd be parking my bike here too, but I drove my mom's Minivan today.

As I lounge around the spot, I hear each of the conversations going on around me. I'm pleasantly surprised with what they're basically all about.

Joey.

There's a group of jocks walking past me, each spewing an obscene comment about what they would do to her if they had her. Then a couple of freshman girls walk by, gushing over her fashion sense. The longer I wait for her to pull in, the more people walk by that talk about her.

Every comment just feeds into my smirk. Except for the vivid ones, those are pretty disrespectful. It's okay to think it man, but don't say it.

Everyone else seems to want her, and she's mine for the next month. I've got the hottest girl in school falling for me. I knew I made the right decision to get her to play this game.

Plus this is good for Joey. Because when I inevitably break her heart, she'll have plenty of guys there to lend a shoulder and help her get over me. It's a win win situation, really.

I get snapped from my thoughts, literally, when someone starts snapping in front of my eyes to catch my attention. I shake my head slightly and glare down at the smirking face staring back at me.

"Well hey Kelly."

Kelly was the closest player to Joey and we stayed friends after our month was over. There were no hard feelings since neither of us fell for one another; we were clearly both in it for the...activities.

She, much like Joey, is different from the other girls to play the game. She knew what to say and when to say it, and she saw right through half of my tricks.

I will say, though, that Kelly doesn't necessarily look like Joey. Kelly has dyed black hair, dull blue eyes, and more piercings in just one ear than I can count on one hand. She is her own definition of pretty, which is one of the things that drew me to her.

"Looks like you've got a big challenge ahead of you," she says, crossing her leather covered arms.

I chuckle and mirror her, "You're right, and she's going to be potentially the most fun I've ever had."

"You think so?"

"No offense to you, or any of the others, but yeah," I say.

Kelly snorts and rolls her blue eyes that had me weak in the knees during our month of fun, but now they blend together in the array of blue eyes I've dated.

"None taken," she says.

I lean against the closest car to me and glance down at Kelly, "You know, you'd like Joey. You two are practically the same person."

Almost instantly Kelly lets out a chuckle and shakes her head, "Rhett, we're almost nothing alike."

I scrunch up my face, "Uh, yeah you are."

"Enlighten me."

"You both have that bad-ass nature, both are dripping with confidence, and you both know how to talk to me. Other girls try too hard, you two don't."

Kelly tucks some hair behind her ear, showing a brand new piercing, and shakes her head. "I've met Joey, I like her, but we aren't that similar."

"Enlighten me," I smirk. She always hated it when I used her words against her.