EIGHT ! steves bad decision

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜ ꧂
ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER EIGHTSTEVEs BAD DECISION

CHAPTER EIGHT
STEVEs BAD DECISION

"HEY, SARA. COULD YOU STOP FOR A MINUTE?"

Adam Joss called from behind her. Her hands began to sweat, all the negative thoughts in her head suddenly making themselves known. What could he want? She stopped herself in the middle of the school hallway, clinging onto her books against her chest.

"What is it?" Sara asked, a gulp following. Everyone stood beside the lockers had tuned in to the scene, watching them both, eagerly waiting to see the outcome.

"I just wanted to say," he approached her, the worse idea coming to her mind, "I'm sorry." He finished. A breath escaped her lips.

"Sorry?" She repeated.
"Sorry for what?"

"I said some things about you the other day, and Billy found out," he explained, pointing to his broken nose and busted lip, "he said if I didn't meaningfully apologise to you, there'd be more where that came from." He told her, using the same angry tone she imagined Billy had used. Somehow, even when he wasn't around, Billy still managed to pull on Sara's heartstrings.

"Its alright," She said, nodding her head, "take care."

"You too, Sara." Adam smiled, watching the girl walk away, staring at her floral dress and denim jacket that looked three sizes too big for her.

          Sara continued to walk down the hall, a new vibe going about her. She felt, in a strange way, confident and loved. It was as if the air had been replaced with a fresh new kind, and her skin had cleared of its blemishes. A simple apology could mean a lot. She then walked to her next lesson -- science.

          She dragged her feet in, as science wasn't really a subject she enjoyed. She was tired of learning about cells and gravitational potential and what happens when you mix this chemical with that chemical. It all just seemed like one big mush that she'd never need once she had left school.

"Hey stranger," Nancy greeted her parter, sitting beside Sara at the desk, "I haven't seen much of you lately. Where have you been?" She asked, slamming her books down onto the table and throwing her bag underneath her feet. They both sat awkwardly on the tall stools, flipping onto a page in the textbook that the teacher had written on the board.

"Oh, y'know," Sara mumbled, which was becoming quite the habit, "places." She finished, proceeding to write the date into her book and read the page.

"Sara, you haven't been avoiding me, have you?" Nancy finally asked the burning question that was boiling in the back of her throat. Plenty of times, she reassured herself that Sara would never purposely avoid her, but then again, she hadn't sat with her and Steve at lunch for quite some time, and she was desperately curious to find out why.