FIFTEEN ! two boys, one stone

꧁    ❛ MY BOY ❜    ꧂
━ ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

꧁    ❛ MY BOY ❜    ꧂━ ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
TWO BOYS, ONE STONE

"SO WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?"

Dustin Henderson asked Sara as he munched on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that he had messily created in Mike's kitchen.
Sara shrugged, following the shorter boy down the stairs into the basement, on his way to discuss matters with his friends and Eleven, the girl from the lab.

"Well, which one do you like more?" Dustin continued to interrogate, throwing himself onto a pile of pillows, beside the flipped over Dungeons and Dragons board game. Sara wondered why the black side of the cardboard was facing up, the Demogorgon placed right in the centre. Yet, her answer to him was focussed on her main problem at hand.

"I don't know." She replied, sitting on the chair and propping her elbows on her knees, cupping her head in her palms in confusion. She heard the boys shuffling around the dim room. Lucas was chewing a cookie on the other side of the table and Mike had crouched beside Eleven, whispering a few words to her in secrecy.

"Why don't you make a list of the pros and cons of each guy?" Lucas suggested, swallowing a large chunk of the chocolate chip treat and sliding her a sheet of paper, a few small scribblings in the corner, and a green crayon along with it. Sara obliged.

Lucas pressed his finger firmly on the table.
"I'll start, Billy's a wasteoid--"

"We can't be biased," Dustin interrupted, defending Sara's preferences in men, "let her decide their pros and cons." He sent a grin her way.
Sara appreciated Dustin, he was a sweet and considerate boy, who she would do absolutely anything for. Somehow, she felt he was wiser than her, in fact, he probably was. He had an old soul, that was true, and he used it for good and kindness. He was the little brother Sara never had.
She pursed her lips tightly, then began to write down a list for Billy and Jonathan, feeling the boys lean over her shoulders in curiosity.

"Charismatic?!" Lucas gasped, exasperated, slamming his finger over the word on Billy's list.

"Lucas-!" Dustin scolded.

"Billy is anything but charismatic!"

Mike traced the letters on the paper.
"You don't have many cons for Jonathan. Doesn't that make the answer obvious?" He asked Sara. She hesitated and then sighed.
"If you still dont know, then maybe its neither," Mike continued, "maybe you should take some time to be by yourself for a while, you know?"

Sara relaxed her shoulders as she looked into Mike's deep brown eyes. The kid was right, she thought.
"You have a point."

After a couple hours of being at the Wheelers, Sara eventually packed her rucksack and left with Dustin. They rode their bikes side by side until they paused at the T junction in the road. Sara rested her right foot on the concrete whilst Dustin caught up.