TEN ! a little lost on what to do

꧁ ❛ MY BOY ❜ ꧂
ᵇᶦˡˡʸ ʰᵃʳᵍʳᵒᵛᵉ 

CHAPTER TENA LITTLE LOST ON WHAT TO DO

CHAPTER TEN
A LITTLE LOST ON WHAT TO DO

"HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BARBARA?"

Sara crouched beside the ghostly girl, hidden underneath multitudes of blankets and stacked up pillows, like some kind of fort, and watched her as she reached for the walkie-talkie by her foot. Eleven handed it to Sara, giving no explanation other than whispering the name of the missing Byers boy, Will.

"She doesn't say much." Mike shrugged in defence of Eleven's lack of ability to give Sara a useful answer, or at least what seemed useless to him.

"Its okay," Sara told him, staring at Eleven again, "do you know where Will is?" She asked. Sara had guessed that Will and Barb had a connection and she assumed that if Will wasn't dead, according to Eleven, then Barbara wasn't dead either and they were lost somewhere, hopefully near each other.

          Eleven didn't move or say anything more. Instead, she lowered her head onto the pillow on the makeshift bed that Mike had made, and sighed. Sara's mouth formed a straight line, taking that answer as a possible maybe.

"She gets tired easily," Dustin spoke, picking up his toy space craft, "we've been checking out her powers."

"Powers? What, like, superman?" Sara raised an eyebrow, turning to Lucas, who had his arms folded, glaring at his friend.

"Almost," Lucas said, "I didn't believe it at first, but she can make that thing fly." He pointed at Dustin and the toy he was gliding around in the air, making engine noises.

"That's," she paused in pure awe, staring at Eleven, who had closed her eyes, "incredible." She finished, watching the girl tiredly open them, smile at her and fall asleep.

          Eleven liked Sara. She was the first girl to compliment her on her abilities and for once, she didn't feel like the odd one out of the bunch. Eleven kept her eyes closed, yet continued to listen to the conversation around her. She seemed to pay more attention to Sara once she had settled down on the couch beside the boys, discussing how they had found her that one night during the storm. They had originally planned to find Will, but instead, found Eleven, fresh out of the lab.
          Eleven remembered that night vividly. She was terrified, filled with trauma and a nagging thought in the back of her mind that wished she had never escaped. But she pressed on, through the dark, wooded area, stepping on multiple sharp stones and twigs, her eyes bulging as she tried to make out and familiar shapes. But alas, everything looked scary. Nothing appeared harmless and the heart beat inside of her chest told her to run.