[1] - cellphone debacle

[ chapter 1 ]      

"If you were ice cream, you would be my favorite flavor."

–unknown

                                                                               🍨🍧🍦

"Ms. Burns! Oh, Ms. Burns!! Iddie, Wake up!!!"

SLAP.

I startled awake at the vibrating sound of a ruler being smacked onto my desk.

"Wha-?" I started to say as I rubbed my sleep filled eyes checking to see if I had fresh drool on my face I glanced down at my biology book.

Safe

I then looked up towards my now furious biology teacher, Ms. Callahan who was standing right in front of me a scowl placed on her oh-so-not-pretty face. I heard people snickering and chuckling around me. I wouldn't blame them. This had been the third time I had fallen asleep in Ms. Callahan's class this week.

She was a tall, slender lady who always wore horrendously colored pants suits as her school attire which never did anything to complement her worn out alabaster complexion.

Today she was in her signature salmon pink suit which had a purple fluffed up fake flower pinned on the top left of her right breast, her dark brown hair was in a very tight bun on the top of her head but you could still notice some stray gray hairs starting to form, her lips which were in a bright red shade of lipstick, which from where I was sitting I could see she had applied it unevenly, were in a thin line.  She adjusted her god awful cherry red thick rimmed square glasses on her nose and glared down at me.

"So?" she prompted.

"So-Sorry. What was the question Ms. Calla-" I started, sheepishly. Only to be interrupted by the ringing of the bell signaling the end of class.

I let out a relieved breath.

Whew! Saved by the bell!

"Alright. People I want you to finish up the chapter on bacterial reproduction! I will be giving a quiz next week to check if you're following up on your readings! Class DISMISSED!" she hollered, I flinched at the loud toned voice.

I mean she was just standing in front me just a couple of seconds ago.

As I tucked my biology book into my back pack and got up to leave Ms. Callahan's voice stopped me.

"I expect more from you, Iddie. Strangely enough, you are one of the top students in this class yet I constantly have to wake you up during my lectures –most especially this week. Am I that much of a bore to you?" she asked, irritation laced in her voice.

"I-I'm sorry, Ms. Callahan. I just-" I stopped.

I didn't know what to say because truthfully? Yeah, her obnoxious monotone voice and her boring lecture was what was putting me to sleep during her class. But it was also that fact that I was up all night researching a variety of unhealthy delicious ingredients I could persuade Mr. Orland to incorporate into Val's Creamery's formulation of their Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. I had come up with crushed battered oreos, smashed up fried violet crumble bars and  double coated marshmallow smores or double dipped chocolate Peeps.  

Swoon. I love Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.  I also love Choco Cherry Bonanza and...

Placing a hand up, interrupting my ice cream faze. Ms. Callahan sternly said.