[6] - no shit sherlock

[ c h a p t e r 6 ]

"I doubt whether the world holds for any one a more soul-stirring surprise than the first adventure with ice-cream." -Heywood Broun, Jr.

🍨 🍧 🍦

Shockingly enough my mom didn't give me that much of a hard time with the help of my Dad we convinced her to cool off as long as I promised to bring some kids over to help with the volunteering at the bazaar fair this weekend.

So here I was sitting at my usual lunch table the next day trying to decide whether or not to drag my friends into a horrible weekend along with me. Screw it. I am not spending two days in the same proximity as Caleb Lyons alone! I need back up!

"You sure you're ready to see such a treasure, Elodie?" asked Louie holding out his phone to Elly.

I had no idea what they were talking about but Elly was slightly blushing from what Louie and her were discussing.

Louie Valdez was in the same year as I was and he was my best friend since grade 2 where he asked if he could burrow my flask of sparkly bright pink glitter for his art collage. Because he needed to add some pizzaz to his father's portrait weirdly enough he did not use the glitter for his collage but sprinkled it all over his then dark brown locks which he has since bleached it to a platinum blonde. Now, most people with mocha skin cannot rock the platinum blonde look but Louie being Louie does the look justice and then some. Today his hair was in a high quiff which he had dipped dyed a bright blue.

Elodie Winters on the other hand was a year younger than us but had most of her classes were with the juniors and seniors because she was as my grandmother would say, a grade A henyo! She became part of our group when she started at the Creameria three years ago when her family had moved here from town in Indianapolis. She was a shy girl, still is but has opened up around us. Basically I took her under my wing at the shop and ever since the three of us have been inseparable. Oh, did I mention she was in love with Donny ever since she first laid eyes on him but the idiot was too crazy to even notice. Boys.

"I-I-I'm ready." Elly said weakly while nodding her head at Louie.

I raised my eyebrows at them. Louie was grinning from ear to ear. He tapped the screen of his phone and the lyrics to The Neighbourhood's Afraid started booming off the speakers.

I peaked over Elly's shoulder to take a look at what was so interesting. My eyes bugged out of my sockets when I saw Jesse Rutherford sitting on a plastic chair butt naked with his flaccid dick on full display for all the world to see. Oh Christ! That boy is h-o-t and he knew it!

Louie tapped his phone and the video paused on the scene. He was laughing his ass off at Elly's expression which I'm sure mimicked mine only ten times worse. I looked over to her and saw her face was as red a tomato seeing as she was so pale, in fact it seemed to almost match her bright red hair.

We all suddenly jumped when a tray was slammed onto our table and we looked up to see Rory, Gavin, Drew and Anton getting comfortable and sitting down. Rory looked over to Elly and noticed her blushing and smirked. The idiot probably thought she was blushing from their presence at the table.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No."

"Huh?" Rory said questioningly.

"She's not blushing because of you idiot!"

Anton and Gavin chuckled as Rory raised his hands up. "I didn't say she was!"

"You were thinking it!"

"Actually I know exactly why she was blushing I probably look so much like..."

I chucked my half eaten apple at him to shut him up. Bringing Donny up was a sensitive topic to Elly who was trying to get his attention for almost two years now.

"Jeez, Caleb is right about you, you are crazy." He said as he picked up the apple and took a bite out of it. Uh, eow!

"Hey is that the new iPhone, Lou?" Gavin asked

Louie's family was very rich seeing as his Dad was one of the top hotel entrepreneurs in Maine so the lucky nugget always had top of the line gadgets. He even got the new xbox one as his birthday gift a couple of months ago and it wasn't even out yet.

"Yups! I actually think it kinda sucks though. They've lost all their sparkle since Jobs died." He replied.

"Oh, cool let me see!" Rory exclaimed as he reached out and plucked the phone from Louie's grasp.

Louie's eyes widened as he realized what was still paused on the phone's screen.

"Wait!" All three of us said.

But it was too late because Rory, Gavin, Drew were all staring at the phone jaws hanging open, eyes wide and giving us disbelieving looks.

Rory was the first to break.

"Is that a dick?!" He practically shouted.

"No shit Sherlock, I'm glad you can tell seeing you've one yourself!" Gavin said making all of us laugh.

"Fuck you, Payne!"

"Ooohh, that sounds like some bdsm shit." Anton interjected.

We all turned and looked at him questioningly.

"What?"

"Didn't know you were into bdsm, Antz"

"I'm not!" Anton replied defensively.

"Tsk, tsk, don't lie nugget. There's no problem loving some kink." Louie chimed in eyeing the soccer player with interest. He winked at Anton.

Anton blushed along side Elly and everyone at the table laughed.

After the laughter had died down Drew who rarely spoke up asked us.

"So why were you guys looking at porn?"

Another shocker was Elly sitting up and practically shouting. "We were not looking at porn!!"

I guess I would have to bring up the bazaar at another time.