[4] - The jerk is talented

Disclaimer: explicit language ahead, read at your own risk!

Recap:

On the walk to my car the only thing I could think of was what that stupid Caleb Lyons said earlier.

Not that any of your ideas are ever gonna be good enough

Fun, Iddie. This is supposed to be fun. I assured myself repeating what Mr. O said back at the shop.

I shook my head trying to rid my head of any thought of Caleb Lyons and his nasty words.

But my thoughts immediately returned because standing beside my father's Ford Fiesta was none other than the idiot himself, Caleb Lyons.

"What do you want now, Caleb?"

[c h a p t e r 4 ]

"This is between you, me and those 42 scoops of ice cream" - Unknown

🍨 🍧 🍦

Caleb was facing away from me, but still a couple of inches from my Dad's car. His sinewy form was illuminated only by the dim streetlights in the parking lot making him look somewhat ruggedly ethereal and angelic. Like Castiel on Supernatural.

Christ, Iddie get it together! This is Caleb we're talking about, nothing angel like comes to mind when it comes to him.

I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.

"Caleb, what do you want?" I repeated as I neared the car. Caleb jumped at the sound of my voice; I guess he didn't hear me the first time. As he turned I saw that he had dropped a half-done cigarette on the ground.

"You're littering." I pointed out.

Caleb rolled his eyes at me and adjusted the hood of his hoodie which was slowly sliding off. He jammed his hands into the front pockets and sighed loudly.

"I need a ride home." He said his words were a bit slurred and he eyes were half closed.

"Okay?" I replied, questioningly.

"Okay? Cool" He then moved, rather unevenly forward towards the passenger side of my car.

"Wait! No!" I interrupted him. "You mean you need a ride home from me?"

"No, Iddie. I meant from that douche over there by the Honda." he answered sarcastically pointing towards a blonde guy who was getting into a blue Honda on the other side of the lot.

Blondie noticed us looking his way and he smiled and waved over at us. I smiled back with a matching wave of my own. I turned towards Mr. Annoying, who was now frowning at the spot where blonde boy had pulled out of.

"Wow. And why would I give you a ride home?" I inquired. This boy was really something else! He already made me cry today and now he was standing here expecting me to give him a ride home like we were old pals.

"I don't know. Just as a favor?" he replied innocently shrugging his shoulders.

I scoffed at that. "Why the hell would I give you a favor after what you pulled today at the Creameria?" I growled back at him.

Caleb's shoulders slumped as he tipped his head up to the skies and mumbled something under his breath which I couldn't understand.

I moved closer to him to see if I could hear what he was saying. Suddenly the faint smell of beer and spray paint hit my senses.