[7] - You okay?

here is a pic of Drew ---->

[ c h a p t e r 7 ]

"Nothing's a better cure for writer's block than to eat ice cream right out of the carton." - Don Roff

🍨🍧🍦

It was during our pop quiz in last period Biology class that my phone dinged in my bag. The sound of Spongebob's laugh echoing throughout the walls of the classroom. Some students stopped their writing and soft chuckles started from my classmates. Great. I could hear Ms. Callahan's heels clacking on the floor their way towards me. I internally groaned. Please not another lecture from Ms. Grumpy-Pants-Suit.

From my peripheral vision I could see her horrible thick Mary Jane's beside my desk. A throat cleared. I closed my eyes momentarily and let out a sigh then looked up towards my teacher.

"You know the rules, Idona" she said sternly.

"Yes, sorry Ma'am. I forgot to turn off my phone before class." I apologized.

"That is no excuse. For all I know you were cheating!" she countered.

I rolled my eyes at her. Seriously.

"With all due respect Ma'am. How could I be cheating if my phone is in my bag and I'm up here concentrating on my paper?" I didn't add the "which I know I passed with flying colors". I don't think she'd appreciate some sass right now.

I heard a cough from one from a few chairs away. I glanced in that direction and saw Rory gesturing a finger across his neck.

Ms. Callahan's eyes darkened with annoyance. "Enough!" she hissed, her gaze wondering to the other students who had stopped their test to listen to us. "Detention after class, Ms. Burns!" She then walked off to the other side of the classroom leaving me sulking in my chair waiting for the bell to ring for dismissal.

The bell rang and I quickly got up. I slapped my paper on to Ms. Callahan's desk, startling her and grabbed my detention slip. At my locker Louie, Elly and Donny were waiting for me. I still hadn't brought up the bazaar but I was sure Caleb had mentioned it to Rory and the guys who I'm sure mentioned it to Donny.

"Why so chipper chipmunk?" Louie said in a happy tone.

I raised my eyebrows at him and his enthusiasm. His eyes briefly moved over to Elly and Donny who were discussing something among themselves. My bad mood was gone momentarily and I smiled slowly towards my best friend and her crush. I shook my head at Louie silently telling him not to jinx the moment.

"I got detention" I announced abruptly.

"Are you serious? You never get detention." Louie replied in disbelief.

I nodded and showed him the slip. He laughed when he saw the teacher's signature at the bottom of the slip.

"The bitch really does have it out for you huh?"

"I have no fucking clue what her problem is with me! I mean, I'm one of her top- no scratch that- I am her top student in class!" I exclaimed jamming my books into my locker and slamming it shut.

"Dude, chill. You don't want another detention for breaking your locker do you?" Rory interjected, he had walked over to our little group followed by Drew, Gavin and Anton.

The boys all did their bro hugs and handshakes in greetings and then added a quick hello to Elly. Remembering my phone had rung during class I opened my backpack and reached in looking for it. When I finally got it out amongst the various pieces of paper and other crap I had no idea in my bag. I saw there were two text messages from my mom.