22 | First Meeting

Rubbing your hands together, you try to release the tension in your arms by flexing them and moving your neck. With everyone's eyes on you, it wasn't easy to do this unnoticed, and Minhee smiles at you reassuringly, trying to remind you that it's all going to be okay.

"Okay...," You begin, sitting cross-legged on the floor as you start to read off the parchment that was now grasped firmly in your hands. "We've got a Song, a Jung," You nod towards the couple, who were leaning against each other on the sofa.

"Kim," Namjoon waves at you, sitting from across you, his dimpled smile showing. "Seon, which would be me," You mutter, checking the names off the list with a pen. "And of course, a Park." You look back up to face Jimin, who's gaze was on you the whole time.

Your four current helpers/friends were sitting in a weirdly shaped circle, surrounding you in your office after you had decided to officially call in your first meeting, determining what to do on Jimin's case.

You had no doubt the people sitting before you were some of the kindest people with the purest souls, not a single bad intention in their hearts.

You're relieved momentarily before the panic breaks through you again. You're still missing people. "We're still missing a Min, a Jeon and a Lee," You say, furrowing your brows and chewing on your bottom lip. "We're gonna need to find them fast if we want to..." you trail off, looking in Jimin's general direction.

Your friends understand exactly what you're thinking.

Putting down the list, you clasp your hands together and lean forward, looking around to see if your friends have anything to say. 

Namjoon waves at you again, bringing your attention to him. "I've got Min covered. Yoongi will come around eventually, knowing him. He won't waste an opportunity like this," He says, determination shining in his eyes.

You flinch at the name, remembering the mint-haired man that seemed too grouchy for his own good. You weren't sure if you could trust him, but Namjoon did, and he seems responsible enough...

"But we're still missing a Jeon and a Lee," Hoseok pipes up, bringing you out of your worrying.

Your brain instantly connects to a person that was a Lee. A person that was once your close friend, and now, a distant coworker. It hurt your heart to think about him, so you looked down, hoping that no one would suggest his name.

"Daehyung is a Lee..." Minhee suggests, making you groan internally. You make a funky expression, which Hoseok catches.

"Hey Y/N, are you alright? You look like Namjoon that time he tried the casserole from the cafeteria," The orange haired boy says rather loudly, earning a small slap from a furiously blushing Namjoon.

"Yah! Namjoon I was just joking." Hoseok whined.

"Is there anyone else who could do it?" You ask quietly, and not even Hoseok's antics can cheer you up. Minhee visibly frowns at you. "Daehyung is our friend, he would agree the quickest. Plus, we don't have much time to spare..." Minhee goes quiet at the end, stealing a glance at Jimin.

You sigh loudly. Though you didn't want to admit it, she was right. Daehyung was the best person, one that you trusted, one that you needed, and one that was your friend. 

Or, was your friend.

"If we can sort out that, the only person we'll be missing is a Jeon," Jimin mumbles lowly, still looking directly at you, licking his thick, plump lips that you can't seem to keep your eyes off of.

Thick, plump lips that you had just kissed barely an hour ago.

You shake off your perverted thoughts and knot your brows. Jeon wasn't a common surname, yet you couldn't help but think you've heard of it recently...

Never Falling For You ✔ [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें