24 | Promise

Maybe it was the weather. Maybe it was the way even the light seemed brighter in the office, or how the scent of warm coffee roamed through the entirety of your workplace. Whatever reason it was, you felt euphoric, giddy off nothing in particular.

Humming your favorite song and smiling at even the smallest of things, you sat comfortably at your large office chair, leaning back and closing your eyes.

Everything seemed to finally go smoothly according to plan, and you had managed to find enough people for the roles. You looked closer into Yoongi's profile in your private time, of course, and you were finally satisfied when you saw that he made regular donations to help animals in need.

Who would've thought such a cold person could have a warm heart? You never hesitated to trust someone that adored animals as much as you did.

Along with Yoongi being an animal lover, the fact that he was in the black society already would give you a big benefit, as he knew the inside of it as well as he knew the back of his hand, giving you guys more information on what to do.

So, Namjoon had somehow managed to convince Yoongi to help. Not willingly, though.

 You swore you had never seen anyone complain so much within the 30 minutes of your meeting. The meeting had been cut short, mainly because Yoongi complained that he wanted a nap, and no one was brave enough to anger him.

Nevertheless, you were still happy that the deal was going smoothly.

Now, the only piece of the jigsaw missing was Lee.

The name that made your heart sink, all traces of the previous euphoria gone.

Lee Daehyung.

Your heart throbbed with guilt thinking of him, after how you had treated him. The hurt look in his eyes, how they were brimmed with tears you had caused him to shed. 

Every time the image popped up in your head, your heart would hurt and you would try to avoid the topic at all costs.

You guys still hadn't made up yet, and he was avoiding you every chance he got, only occasionally speaking to Minhee if he had anything important to pass on to you.

You sighed. Why was your life always so dramatic? 

Turning in your office chair, you stare at your nails and the finished stack of papers you were supposed to do that day. Thinking of Daehyung was really bringing your mood down, and you could really use a break.

You were getting up to go when a series of knocks on your door startles you, making you hesitate before yelling "Come in!"

The door clicks open and in walks Minhee, expression grave as she looks you over, sighing before plopping herself down into the big sofa next to your large office chair. "Are you free to talk?"

You nod, not quite understanding why she looked so dead inside and serious, a huge difference compared to her usual carefree style. "Yes. Are you alright? Why do you look so serious?"

Minhee sighs again, this time louder than the last as she leans into the sofa, closing her eyes. "We need to find Daehyung, but I can't do it since he's just gotten mad at me." She groans, putting a hand to her forehead.

"Why, what happened?"

You can't help but notice how tired your best friend looks, dark circles under her eyes, furrowed brows and frowning expression. The stress of Jimin's deal must really be getting to her, you realize, feeling yet another pang of guilt. Minhee already has a lot on her plate to deal with.