23 | Jungkook

"Jungkook?"

-

As if the way you said his name triggered something within him, his eyes widened to the size of saucers and he starts blinking rapidly, trying to see if it was really you or some stimulation being played out by his mind. 

"Y/N?" He repeats, reaching out to tightly hold your arm to the point where it's almost painful. You wince and he looks down to your arm, releasing it hastily. 

"I'm sorry, I-I'll go-" Before Jungkook can say another word, it's your turn to grab onto his arm and drag him into a side street, with him trying to protest all the way. You shoot him a glare and put a finger on your mouth, telling him to be quiet.

You couldn't risk the whole public listening in on your discussion about the Black Society.

Pulling him into a side alleyway that's covered in thick layers of dust and dirt, the walls covered in layers of spray paint, you cast a quick glance around to make sure there is no one else present.

Jungkook was about to start speaking, but you interrupt him. "Jungkook," you say, authority surprisingly ringing in your voice. It was ironic how the situation was reversed now, with you whisking Jungkook away instead of the opposite that happened last time.

"I need you to do something for me," you blurt out, and he cocks his head sideways, looking confused and reluctant. You sigh. "It's the least you could do after kidnapping me."

Nodding at you slowly, you were relieved to find that the traces of reluctance from before were now replaced with slight fear, as though he were worried you'd report him if he didn't help you. Using that to your advantage, you continued to speak, trying to sound as innocent and gullible as you could manage.

"I need you to sign something for me," hesitating, you wonder how he'll take the next part.

"As an official member of the Jeon society."

The man before you tenses up, eyes hardening to a rock solid, where you can't read how he feels anymore. He takes a step backward and starts shaking his head slightly, not wanting to get involved deeper than he already was into the horrid part of the society.

"Please," You don't falter, knowing this was probably your only one shot at getting his help. "I don't have much time left, and I really, really need the help."

He stops retracting backward and pauses, hearing the desperation in your voice.

Knowing that this was one of your last chances, you decide to take the leap and say it.

"It's for Jimin." You state, looking up directly into his eyes, trying to detect his reaction.

A spark of knowledge reaches his eyes before he takes a step forward, standing right in front of you, hands on your shoulders. "What do you mean 'it's for Jimin'?" He demands, searching your face for the answer he wants.

"His life is on the line. There was a deal made by his family and the Min's, so we need to renew the deal so he can live. This was the deal you were asking me about last time, the deal that caused his parent's deaths." Explaining in a rush, you hope that he understands you.

Jungkook doesn't utter a word, still not fully convinced on how he could help you.

"If a member from each part of the society signs the official contract, then we can renew the terms and save Jimin. So please, Jungkook, help me and I'll forgive you for kidnapping me, without reporting you. Your investigating profession will be safe."

Unsurprisingly, Jungkook doesn't reply instantly, needing a few seconds to process. But you can see in his intelligent eyes that he knows to help you would be for the best.

Your heart soars when he sighs loudly, a look of defeat gracing his features. "Fine. But you have to promise me one thing, alright?" He asks, pointing up a finger. "I need you to promise to never bother me again regarding cases like... this, okay?"

You nod fervently, glad that he's agreeing. "Deal."

A thought suddenly bounces into your head. "Wait, I need one more thing and I'll stick to the promise. You're an investigator, right?"

Jungkook nods, eyes wary as he listens to your final command.

"Can you help me find all the information you can on Min Yoongi?"

-

"Information on Min Yoongi...," Jungkook murmurs, voice curling around the unfamiliar yet so familiar name while he taps away at his keyboard while you sat crossed legged on the sofa, texting Minhee of the good news that you had found someone to take the place for Jeon.

"Did you find anything?" You can't help but ask desperately. Your heart was pounding at the prospect of finding some dirt on this strange man, though you knew Namjoon trusted him. 

You weren't so sure if you could trust him either, and only the information that Jungkook would provide could settle your mind once and for all.

Jungkook doesn't reply for a few seconds, and when he does, he lifts up his head and looks at you, sighing loudly. "I need to sort out something first, please wait."

Pouting, you slump back into the sofa, reloading Instagram as you scroll through your feed aimlessly, trying to pass the time as you seemed to get increasingly jittery by the minute.

"Okay, I've found it. Y/N, please come over here."

Not wasting a second, you throw your phone down on the sofa and leap out and over to Jungkook. He frowns at you but turns back to his screen, reading the words on the screen.

"Min Yoongi. He's currently 25, born and grown up in Daegu but moved to Busan later, and apparently, he came to Seoul for studies but has stayed here ever since..." Jungkook mutters, furrowing his brows as he reads the next part.

"He's been a wine dealer or a supposed one since he reached the age of 18. Now, for the information about the Black Society." Jeongguk tapped something on his keyboard, then the whole page turned black, with new information.

Really emphasizing on the black, huh.

Jungkook's brows fail to unfurrow as he reads on, then shoot up in surprise nearing the end. "Here it says that Min Yoongi is not an official part of the Min line heritage, but surprisingly, his whole family is. He once had the chance to be the leader, but apparently, he turned it down to do wine business. Damn."

Then, he skimmed over the information written and made an 'oh' sound effect. "Yoongi works in and out of the Black Society, mainly seeing through that deals are working or rearranging them. Hey, that's the perfect person for you!" Jeongguk exclaimed. Then, he narrowed his eyes.

"That's all I can dig up. What do you need information on this man for, anyway? He seems intimidating and scary."

You flash him a tight smile, still wondering if you can trust this mystery man.

"We were thinking of using him as part of the contract, but now it's gonna be a must considering his position."