Want you to want me

By: stubliminalmessaging

Summary:

"Your name's Mickey, right?" Ian asked... to literally no response. Mickey just kept playing with his phone and ignored Ian so he persisted. "What are you doing on your phone?"

"Making a list of ways to kill annoying fucking gingers," he replied an Ian tried not to be effected.
———————————————

Okay, so Ian admits that he probably never would have looked twice at Mickey Milkovich if Lip hadn't been paying him to. He didn't even get why Lip was so desperate to date Mickey's sister but he was a bit biased on that one. He couldn't very well turn down the cash Lip was offering anyways so he agreed to it.

"What makes you think he'd want to go out with me anyways?" Ian asked as he poked out his leftover lasagna and eyed Mickey from across the cafeteria. "How do you even know he's gay?"

"Mandy told me," Lip replied. "Just... go up to him and ask if he's a power top. That's what gay dudes do right? When they flirt?"

Ian rolled his eyes. "I'm a top, douchebag. It wouldn't work if he was a top." He set down his fork to take a gulp of his diet Coke. "Her family doesn't exactly strike me as caring and protective."

"It's her brothers. She just had an abortion so now she's not allowed to go out with anyone unless she's on a double date with one of her brothers." Lip explained.

"Doesn't she have like four of them she could go on double dates with?" Ian asked, grumpy for no reason considering he was warming up to the idea of dating Mickey the more he looked at him.

"Have you seen the older Milkovich brothers? They're fucking terrifying," Lip said and Ian snorted.

"What, so Mandy isn't worth the risk?"

"Come on, Ian. You know I'm not about that life," Lip said and didn't Ian know it. He preferred his girls 'quick, convenient, and low-maintenance' (his words) and Ian felt a bit bad about helping Lip inevitably use this girl like a tool and then toss her in the trash, but he eventually agreed to it when Lip offered him a hundred bucks.

-

Mickey was actually really cute and getting cuter by the second the more Ian looked at him. He was a little rough around the edges with his tattoos and this tough guy exterior but Ian found that he was digging it before long. He didn't quite understand why no one would want to try and go out with him... that is, until Ian actually talked to him and discovered just how abrasive and rude he was. After that, he completely understood.

"Your name's Mickey, right?" Ian asked... to literally no response. Mickey just kept playing with his phone and ignored Ian so he persisted. "What are you doing on your phone?"

"Making a list of ways to kill annoying fucking gingers," he replied an Ian tried not to be effected.

"You seem like a creative guy, so that list is probably pretty long," Ian mused.

Mickey huffed but didn't look up. "How are you not getting the 'fuck off' vibe I'm putting off?"