25 - Does she have any idea?

"I'm going to heal your bruises now. The pain in your throat and ribs will stay for a little while, but you'll be as good as new in a heartbeat", Madame Pomfrey says and I smile slightly, causing my lip to hurt.

"Let's get that fixed up as well", she says and fixes my lip using Episkey.

It takes her at least half an hour, but with every spell I feel better. She removes the swelling around my eye, causing me to see clearly again, Ferula for my ribs and tons of other spells for my other injuries. She applies a thick yellow paste basically everywhere, which would heal my bruises.

"Go to sleep now, you'll be feeling way better in the morning", she says and leaves me to it. Even though I've slept so much the past few days, I have no trouble sleeping some more.

When I wake up, the paste is gone, I'm in a new set of clothes and Draco is sitting next to my bed again.

"Dray?" I ask and he mumbles something, shooting straight up when realising what is happening.

"Oh Merlin", he mumbles and smiles, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Well you look a hell of a lot better", he says and I chuckle.

"I feel a lot better as well", I say and push myself up, which hurts a bit, but not too much.

"You should lay down Y/N", he says but instead, I swing my legs of the bed and pull him into a hug.

"I missed you so much", I say into the crook of his neck and soon I feel his arms wrapped around me as well.

"So did I", he said. I don't feel like talking about the letters right now. I want things to be good for just a moment. I let go of him and place my lips on his, something I've been wanting to do for two months.

"I have to go to Dumbledore", I say after and he raises his eyebrows, saying he isn't agreeing with that.

"You're not going to talk me out of it so don't even try", I say and stand up. I was wobbly for a bit, but Draco supports me, knowing that I'm right.

"You shouldn't be out of bed yet young lady", madame Pomfrey says, but she's smiling.

"Come back tonight for a check up, okay? And mister Malfoy, make sure she takes it easy", she says and Draco nods. He helps me put my shoes and my robes on. I comb my hair and with his hand around my waist for support, I walk to Dumbledore's office. Luckily the halls are empty since class has already started for today.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask and he shrugs.

"You're a bit more important than a stupid class", he mumbles, making me blush.

We arrive at Dumbledore's office and I knock on the door. I hear a sound and soon, a staircase is revealed in front of us.

"Fancy", I mumble.

"I'll wait here", Draco says with a wink and I nod with a smile.

I walk up the stairs, revealing Dumbledore's office, which is rather interesting.

"Now that was quick, I didn't expect you until tomorrow", he says.

"I'm not one to sit still", I say and he smiles.

"Well, we have many things to discuss, sit down", he says and points at a chair on the other side of his desk.

"You're dad is a wizard, so the Ministry will handle him", he says and my eyes grow wide.

"He's not going to Azkaban, is he?" I ask shocked. Even though he hasn't been the best dad lately, he is still my father.

Dumbledore laughs. "No dear, he'll be put in a specific programme, so he can heal and realise his mistakes. They'll help him grieve his wife's death", he says, which makes me smile. They are going to fix him.

"As for you, The Ministry has given their permission to let you follow classes at Hogwarts without permission of a guardian. The costs will be set aside until your father is capable of taking care of it again. All you have to do is choose your N.E.W.T. classes."

He hands me a piece of parchment with both my OWL scores and a list of classes on them.

"Have you got any idea what you want to do after your career at Hogwarts?" he asks and I smile.

"I've always wanted to become a teacher", I say, realising how ridiculous that sounds when saying that to the headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Excellent choice. I must congratulate you on your OWL's, 8 Outstanding and 2 Exceed expectations, those are very high scores mss Y/L/N", he says and I blush.

"This means you may take any N.E.W.T. classes you'd like. Most students take five, but I'm sure you can handle some more", he says with a wink.

I study the parchment. At the bottom of the page is an option to take Apparition courses, which cost 12 galleons.

"Can I add that to my list of costs?" I ask Dumbledore timidly and he nods with a smile.

"To apparate is a very useful skill, one I highly recommend", he adds.

The next half an hour consists of me going over each subject. Dumbledore called in professor McGonagall who helps me with that. Since I had a nearly perfect score for Astronomy and Arithmancy, I take advanced classes for both subjects. I also take Defense Against the Dark Arts since Umbridge is gone and I find it a very interesting subject. I take Potions for that same reason and History of Magic. I also take Charms and Transfiguration since I find those rudimental skills to have. I don't like Herbology that much, but the idea of not learning the useful skills in that class is not sitting right with me, so I take that one as well.

"Eight NEWT's, are you sure?" professor McGonagall asks, but I'm sure. I have the opportunity, why not take it?

"Good, you may go now. I'll let Hagrid get your books and you'll hear more from me about your father in the future", Dumbledore says and I nod gratefully, leaving his office.

The rest of the day consist of me talking to Draco about what happened, him being awfully vague about his holiday, meeting up with Cho and Luna, a check-up with madame Pomfrey, catching up on classes I missed today and settling in. It was time to forget about what happened and move on.

And so I did. I went to my classes, had lunch, more classes, studying, dinner, hanging out with Draco and going to bed. I don't mind having such a strict routine. I feel like I'm in charge and everything is going to be okay. Or so I thought.

I'm walking through the hallway after a long study session in the library for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Draco had somewhere to be that night, so I didn't have much else to do anyway. Hermione takes almost exactly the same classes I take. She takes Ancient Runes whilst I take Care for Magical Creatures, but other than that, we have the same classes. I love that since I get to spend way more time with her. I don't see Luna and Cho much, but if I have a spare moment, we catch up in the common room.

I am only halfway there when I hear voices. I recognise his voice, Draco's. First I want to walk up to him, but then I hear Snape's voice and quickly hide behind a pillar nearby.

"I thought the plan was to break up with her, not grow closer", I hear snape saying and my eyes widen. He was planning to break up with me? And Snape knew? What was going on here?

"She's had a rough few weeks, I can't do that to her now", Draco says and his voice sounds tired and uncertain.

"She's distracting you. If he finds out he will not spare her", Snape says.

"I know, it's just... not easy", Draco mumbles.

"It is. Does she have any idea how close your family is to the dark side? Knowing your aunt would be enough to scare her away."

I have to go. I run in the opposite direction, taking the longer route to my common room.

"If you love her, then you do it", Snape says, but I'm too far away to still hear that.