#32

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Sirius shouted, happily parading down the stairs of his newly furnished house. A dog came rushing past him nearly sweeping him off his feet as its tail wagged side to side. Outside snow fell peacefully laying a blanket over the frozen grass and the sun was peering just over the hills. 

Sirius poured a hot cup of coffee into two mugs when two kids scrambled down the stairs, fighting their way through the doorway to the family room. "Hey rascals!" Sirius shouted. "Someone's not awake yet!"

At once they ran back upstairs and a chorus of shouts and happy screams erupted. Sirius chuckled, staring at the tree across the room with a wide smile on his face. "I'm so lucky..." he mumbled to himself. 

"Daddy it's Christmas!" one of the kids shouted, leaping onto the couch, burying himself in a blanket. 

"I thought it was Valentine's Day," Remus' voice said as he appeared at the bottom of the stairs. His hair was all mused and his robe had a new moth hole on the shoulder. 

"Morning Moony," Sirius said, offering him the mug. 

"Morning Pads." Remus pecked Sirius' lips, taking a sip of the coffee before abruptly shouting, "SIRIUS! SIRIUS! SIRIUS!"

Sirius shot out of bed, a few hairs sticking to his forehead. Blurrily he reached for his wand, holding it up in defense, but lowered it when he spotted Remus and his awfully shredded robe.

"Sirius!" Remus shouted maneuvering through the curtains. 

"What?" Sirius groggily muttered. 

"You were shouting..."

"I was?" 

"Yeah, you kept shouting Christmas over and over again." Sirius' cheeks turned a light shade of red as he recalled the dream he was peacefully living moments ago. "It's January."

"It was just a weird dream."

Remus sighed with relief, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. "Care to share?"

"I was married to this person who had a hole in their robe. And I had two kids and a dog. I was pouring coffee and it was Christmas, which explains the shouting."

Remus's hand slowly moved to his shoulder, poking a finger where his bare skin was revealed. "That's weird...I had a similar dream too." Except I was married to you... "Sorry to wake you."

"It's alright." Sirius lay back down, taking one last glance at Remus as he went back to his bed. Closing his eyes, he drifted back into sleep when Peter's alarm went off with a high pitched ring. Sirius groaned, rolling over as he ripped open his curtains, staring back at the sandy haired boy across the way.  "Morning Moony."

"Morning Pads."