10| Deep Water

It comes and goes in waves
It always runs back but it's never quite the same
Well, I think there's something wrong with me

American Authors, Deep Water

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

My phone pings telling me someone texted me. I sit up on my bed and grab my phone. It's from lover boy!

Sebastian:

She said yes!

Oh. I frown and start typing.

That's great!

She loved the roses and chocolate
Thanks for the tip

I punch my pillow and start typing again.

When's the date?

Well, at least one of you had the guts to ask someone. Guess I'm too late. But I probably would have chickened out. Crushes go away.

Tomorrow

I scream into my pillow when I read his response. Don't you think you're being a little dramatic? Probably. He was never mine, anyway. Guess he never will be. There are plenty of other guys you'll meet.

I should have realized my feelings earlier. Maybe we could have been a couple. Maybe.

I'm thinking of food and a movie

Perfect! I'm sure she'll love it

Thanks for everything
I couldn't have done this without you.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek and dramatically sigh. I quickly wipe it away and roll my eyes at myself. It's okay to let yourself be sad. 

I shut off my phone and lie back down on my bed. I hope their date sucks. I am a horrible person to wish that. I was the one helping him! I feel more tears slide down my cheeks, and I pull the blanket over my face.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Once I got over my breakdown, I went to the kitchen for food. I pass through the living room and see Ivy, Eli, Colette, and Savannah playing a board game. I love The Game of Life. So much better than Monopoly.

"Wanna join?" Ivy asks.

"No thanks. I just came down for some chips." I say, heading towards the kitchen. I grab some barbecue chips and bring them to my room. I wish I had some Kit Kats right now. Your fatass shouldn't have eaten the bag Valerie got you so fast.

I'm about to walk up the stairs when I hear the doorbell ring. Savannah then announces, "Sebastian's here to pick me up."

Colette is behind me when she asks, "Why aren't you opening the door?" Well, for one, no one should see your appearance right now. Especially him.

"Uh, I'm not feeling good. I don't want to talk to Sebastian right now." I say quietly.

Colette can tell something is wrong but just says, "Okay, hope you feel better."

I walk up the stairs but decide to eavesdrop until he leaves. Sebastian steps in and says, "Hey, guys! You ready, Savannah?"

I hear the kids say goodbye to each other when Sebastian asks, "Is Piper here?"

Colette answers, "She isn't feeling well, so she's sleeping."

"Oh," Sebastian says, sounding disappointed. "Well, tell her I said hi." He says.

"Will do," Colette says.

I go back to my room and decide to watch The Office. This will cheer me up. My phone pings, and I see another text from Sebastian.

Sebastian:

I hope you feel better
Do you need me to get you anything?

My heart flutters, and I close my eyes. In my mind, I picture my heart and punch it. That's right, no fluttering today.

I hear someone knock on my door and shout, "Come in." Ivy and Colette open the door and sit on my bed. "What's up?" I ask, confused.

"What's up with you and Sebastian?" Colette asks.

"Nothing," I say.

"Why didn't you want to say hi to Sebastian?" Ivy asks.

Colette gasps and asks, "Do you like Sebastian?"

Ivy nudges Colette's arm and whispers, "We were supposed to ask that later."

"Oh," Colette says. "Well, do you?"

"Why does it matter?" I ask, feeling irritated.

"She didn't say no!" Colette says excitedly.

"I didn't say yes, either," I mutter.

"So, how come you guys aren't dating?" Ivy asks.

"Not that it's your business, but he actually asked someone out. I've been helping him deal with a crush he has." I say, shrugging.

"What if I said Sebastian likes you?" Colette asks, grinning.

"You're a liar," I state.

"If Savannah and I could set you up, would you want to go on a date with him?" Colette asks.

"You know he's going on a date with someone else, right? Tomorrow." I deadpan.

"Answer the question," Ivy says.

"I wouldn't say no. But don't meddle with his life. He deserves to be happy with his crush." I say.

"Great!" Colette says, getting off my bed.

They both leave my room, and I shout, "Girls?" I hope they were just joking. Being forced onto a date with someone who doesn't like you seems horrible. Awkward too.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading! ❤️

I hope you liked it! 🙃

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋