11| I Wanna Go Out

Hey ya, I wanna go out
I wanna go out, I wanna-na

American Authors, I Wanna Go Out

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

I wake up late into the afternoon and see I got a text.

Valerie 💞:

Do you wanna hang out today?

Yes, where?

My house and like 1:00?

I'll get ready now 👌

I eat a light lunch and tell my mom I'm going to Valerie's. "Say hi to her mom for me." She says while she's working on her computer.

Outfit:

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"I have feelings for Sebastian." I embarrassingly admit.

"I know, honey." She says, rubbing my back.

"And I've been helping him try and get this other girl he likes," I say with a frown. "I think he seriously meant it when he said he'll ask her this week."

"I had a feeling this would happen." She says gently.

"How do I make this shit disappear? He's been nothing but a really good friend. And I'm over here wishing the worst for his crush." I say.

"But you're not actually sabotaging him. You still give him great advice and genuinely want the best for him." She says.

"I'm the best," I mutter.

"Yes, you are." She says with a chuckle. "I'm assuming you feel it's too late to tell him this? You know I'm shit with advice, but you're always talking about communicating face-to-face."

"I think it's best I keep it to myself. Maybe if they work out, we'll drift apart, which is understandable. I wouldn't want my man hanging around someone with feelings for him." I say.

"I'll be here through the whole process. But let's keep in mind that his crush could suck, and he dumps her. Or she dumps him. Maybe they don't work out, and you'll have another chance." She says.

"Having feelings suck," I say, laying my head on her shoulder.

"That's why we have ice cream. Do you want chocolate marshmallow or cookie dough?" She asks.

"Chocolate marshmallow," I say.

While she scoops my ice cream, I lie down on her couch. She hands me my bowl, and I say, "You are the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for."