Chapter 7

[Red Viper, the third most poisonous reptile in the world. Its venom can kill it's enemies within hours. However it is a hunted magic beast since the person who absorbs its core will be immune to any poison below the Red Viper Venom. A rare thing indeed.]

Shut up, Fluffball! I don't need your comments! I said in my mind.

"Mom! How's onii-san?" I asked in panic.

"H-he's...." that was all I needed to hear. I tried running into the room, but was held back by my father.

"Yukino, If you run in now, and disturb the healers.... the poison might get worse, especially if your brother sees you." Yukino, he said my full name. That means it's very serious.

The strength in my legs gave out, and I collapsed onto the ground with a thud. "Onii-san..." sobs wrecked my body, the simple thought of my brother dead had me crying, shaking with fear. I knew it! I shouldn't have gotten close with anyone, this... always happens with the people I'm close with. It... was like before-

"Your majesty!" A guard came panting up.

"Silence! Do you want to disturb the healers?!" My father asked, tone deadly. The guard shook in fear, lowering his head he replied.

"I-it's not like that, your majesty, it's just the princess of the Panda Clan..." the heroine? What's she doing here?

My father's eyes narrowed "Let her in..."

"Y-yes!" He scurried back, his tail swishing. Soon he came back, my eyes widened. The heroine deserved her title, her hair still black with silver streaks, however her eyes were now golden, shining and glistening.

"Greeting." She bowed slightly.

"What's the esteemed princess doing here?" My father asked, eyes coldly examining her. She looked at me and held up a piece of paper. My eyes widened in surprise as I realized what it was.

The paper crane!

Engraved in the middle of the small piece of paper was the word, a four letter word, help.

"This crane dropped on me when I was exploring the woods nearby, so I decided to come take a look," she flipped the paper over and on the back was the location that said, Fox Palace.

"Princess!" I said going onto my knees, "The Panda Clan is known for its medical skills, my brother... he got bitten by a Red Viper..." I left the rest unsaid. "Please! Help him." Don't turn away! Please... I beg of you. My eyes were tearing up again, so close, yet so far...

"Fine."

"Huh?!" I looked up, pupils filled with surprise. She didn't give me another look though and instead walked towards the room.

"Wait, we don't know if-" my mother and father started.

"No! I think she can cure him! Father, mother please just this one time, trust me!" I pulled at their sleeves.

"Yuki..."

"I know she'll be able to do it!" She the heroine after all... they sighed

"Fine.... this one time...." he looked over at the heroine, "we'll be entrusting our son's life to you, please, we will award you with whatever you want, if we have it." She nodded and went in. But stopped right at the door.

"It'll take a day or two, don't let anyone disturb me." My parents nodded, and gave out the order. We all evacuated the area and the servants brought some chairs over so we could sit right outside the door.

Without sleep, and barely any food we waited for two days straight, my father and mother had bags under their eyes and father was starting to grow a beard, within two days it looked as if we aged ten years. Finally the heroine walked out, mother and father ran in. I looked over at the heroine, she was looking at me before turning away and started walking.