Chapter 28

The thunderous screams and yells from the crowd made the stadium vibrate and the land shudder. The twenty teams participating in the tournament walked out, one by one.

Some teams received cheering while other came in to the sounds of mocking laughters and booing.

Once everything was settled down the announcer started talking. "Since the East placed last in overall rankings they will send a speaker up to speak... maybe the person will try to encourage their people and give them false hope that they can actually win!"

The crowd bursted into laughter. The Kings and queens that came from the East frowned while their aura was leaking out, shutting everyone that sat near them up.

The people from the East also had ugly faces on, but Yukino, the person that was forced to become the speaker, calmly stood up and flew towards the center of the stage from the balcony they were provided with. When she got to the center, she was looking down, making it looked like she was bowing. This caused the audience to burst out into laughter, again.

Yukino felt her eardrums ringing and let her terrifying aura out. Everyone in the arena froze, as they felt shivers crawl up their back. 

The other participants and the audience stared at the girl with wonder, who was she? To have such a strong aura, they all made a mental note to be careful around her next time. Yukino's lips parted as she spoke, as if she was completely ignorant at the thoughts coursing through the brains of the people. The fear. At her first words the aura seemed to disappear, like it was never there in the first place.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems as if many of you have gathered here today to mock and point fingers." She looked up as her lips hooked up into a smile. "But if you think you're so great how come you're not the ones down here? Why don't you come down and have a spare?" She questioned the audience. She chuckled when no one said anything. "Although most of you came here to point fingers, mock others, and talk behind their backs, I came here to watch, to observe. To see the people who have potential, yet they don't use it to the fullest. I find this to be an event to show the world your growth, what you've learned." Even though Yukino's voice was soft, it could be heard from every corner of the arena. Yukino's tone suddenly changed.

"It's understandable that some of you might have favorites, might know who will win, can accurately predict what might happen, we still are of some resemblance, the same species. Why do all of you mock each other? Is life some sort of game to you? Are other lives just a book you can easily burn?" Yukino let out a sigh. "Fate is fickle, and we won't know what may happen tomorrow, in a week, a year, two years, a decade, a century. The world can end in five days..." Yukino's eyes scanned the crowd and her gaze landed on the brown haired, emerald eyed girl, who's eyes were narrowed, picking up what she meant.

"Those of you who stand above others. Was born above others. Was raised to lead other. Don't find those who are below you to be nothing but ants. They are the reason that you are able to live your life the way you do, you would be the ants if it weren't for them" Nobles that sat in the front seat flinched. "And those who think they are nothing but lowly commoners.. I understand. Life is not fair, and it will never be. Not all men and women are born equal. Some are born in a higher status, others are smarter, some may be more talented in magic, music, arts, dancing. Some people are talented in magic however, they think they are already invincible." Yukino's eyes shifted to the boy sitting to the left of the emerald eyed girl. "But those are the ones that needs a good beating in the head to understand they are not." Some people laughed nervously at her words. "However what you can change is your determination. The force that keeps you moving forwards."

Yukino rubbed her back. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that however weak or strong you are, however talented or talentless you are, keep moving forward... live that moment without regrets, and maybe, just maybe, you'll find that to be a sweeter kind of victory then winning any tournaments... don't regret your actions." Like how I regretted mine. "You live, you laugh, you cry. If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, keep moving forward[1]." Yukino gave a bow that was meant with a small at first applause that turned thunderous within seconds.

Her speech ended the first day.

In market square, everyone in Class S was gathered besides Bai Ku and Long Yu.

"Wow, Yuki, I didn't know you had such a great speech planned." Taiyo said to his twin.

"It wasn't planned, I winged it." 

"What?!" Before Taiyo could say anything though someone popped up from behind.

"Hi, can I talk to Yukino for a second... alone?" Yukino stared at the emerald eyed girl. So before Taiyo could interrogate the girl she stepped in.

"Onii-san, I'll be back in a couple of minutes." Yukino then followed the brown skinned girl.

They arrived in front of a restaurant and was lead into a private room at the top. Opening the door, Yukino immediately spotted the two girls from before. The leader of the group of four and six. However she stared at the two males. Bai Ku and Long Yu.

Yukino stepped in without a word.

"We need to talk." The emerald eyed girl said. Yukino glanced at her and took a seat around the rectangular table, beginning the talk that would, inevitably, save the world.

[1] The italics was a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. I absolutely adore this quote!

*****

Done!

This is taking much longer than I expected though.... 😭😭

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.. the next one might be coming out soon!

Also make sure to check out my story on Dreame, and once I have 50 likes on that story, I'll release the next chapter... I only need three more I think...

I just watched X-Men- First Class and am so upset that Charles and Erik aren't working together anymore...TT.

They still are friends though... right?