"Cast my heart"

Alexys POV

It's been a week since I had dinner with my family and my so-called future wife and her family. Sigh* Why do I have to be in this kind of situation. Of course, I was so shocked. I can't believe that I am marrying that amazon woman. Well not that I hate it or I don't want it but I can't say no to dad. He loved his company that much so if I wouldn't like to be the next CEO then he will find someone that will replace me and I know that it's the only way. An arrange marriage. Not bad at all. But sigh* I don't know if I am ready to have family, or does she even know that I am an intersex what if she'll reject me also she does hate me already, I still remember how she hates me in our first unexpected encounter. God that woman... So my dad told me all the plans. And here I am thinking about how to befriend her. She's a Ceo so she must be busy. According to my research, she's actually well known. Of course, they are. Her family. Sigh*  But why does she look familiar to me? Maybe because she's actually popular. It's my free time today. What should I do? Well, instead of staying here in my office I have to do something. Maybe I should visit my favorite patient. Yeah, he might entertain me. After 10 mins of walking here, I am entering his room. Meet Kevin 10 years old. He has a brain tumor and he's staying here at the hospital for a while. I operated on him a year ago. And I am so close to him. He's like a brother to me. Unfortunately, he also has leukemia. So he got in and out here. That's why I always do my best. I don't want him to die. He's getting better though but he still needs to be check from time to time. And even though he's not my patient anymore, I always have time to visit him and I always check his results from his associated doctors. I felt so sad for him, he has to be here instead of being in school. I hope someday that he will have his normal life with no limitations like enjoying having some friends and do some sports. No worries because Kevin, I'll do anything for you. I always told him that. So here I am right now. Sitting beside him.
"How are you, buddy?" I asked him with a smile. "I am getting better, thanks to you doc" he answered with a cockiness tone. I just raised my right eyebrow and chuckle a little. "Do you wanna explore the hospital again?" I asked him. Well, that was exactly our bonding here. We explore the hospital, accompany me to check with my other patients, and lastly playing some musical instruments in my office well more like a room for me. I actually ask for it from my mom so that I can stay here. Sometimes, I literally sleep here. Since I am living alone in my penthouse why not stay here. So back to reality. Actually, we also have a mini stage here wherein there are some shows or sometimes we doctors and nurses here perform for our patients and their family. One of the things that I have suggested to the board in order for the patients to enjoy their time here and minimize their sadness or whatever they felt. And here we are now, I walk Kevin outside from his room. I actually have a surprise for him. I actually put an art studio here in our hospital. Well, weird right? But I am the future owner of this hospital so I wanted to do some changes which are okay with the board members. I actually ask for this one because I had discovered that some of our patients here love to draw and paint. Actually, I also love to. If I am not a doctor right now, maybe I might be an artist. And here, the guy beside me loves art as well. I discovered it when he gave me a gift. He actually, sketch me. And I ask him why? He said that he's inspired by me and so thankful that I had helped him. But it's my job to treat him. I am not a God but I actually really did my best for him. During my operation on him, I am so nervous but I have surpassed it. And thank God for the gifts of hand. I am actually close to my patients, most of them but with Kevin, he is like a brother to me. His family is fun just like him. So I dragged him here to our new hangout place. I push him slightly inside. "Kevin, this place will be our new hangout place or your new place to be at." "Welcome to our art studio," I said while staring at him. I am so shocked by his response he hugged me so tight and wait, is he crying? Yeah, he is crying. I thought he'll be happy about this. I look at him, "Kevin?" "Thank you doc" he answered while crying then after a while he smiles. Yes, that smile always softens my heart. I just smiled at him as a sign of reassurance that he can now let go of me and explore the room. I actually put some of my paintings here. Including my best friend's portrait. He's my inspiration after all. And now I am staring at the young kid who is staring at the portrait of my best friend. I know he's curious. So I tap his shoulder. He faces me. "That's my b-bestfriend." I told him. "He was my hero. He was my inspiration for why I choose this career.  He was also like you." "Was?" He asked. "Yeah" I answered him controlling my tears to fall. "He d-died ten years ago," I told him while facing back. He approaches me and hugged me. "I am still here  Doc AC" I nodded. "He is so proud of you," he said. "Thanks, Kevs sorry I got emotional," I told him and he nodded. " I am not gonna die AC, I will be an artist, and you are my doctor, the best among the rest, you gave me hope to live Doc. To have a dream. Thank you so much." He said and kissed me on the cheek. I just hugged him back. I am so speechless with his answer. I hope Kev. I am not gonna let you die. I promised that Kev. I told myself.

After that scene we went out then we visit some of my patients. Then we both played in the mini stage. We performed. We sang our favorite song he's the singer while I played the piano while I join him from time to time, of course, this kid is so talented. We got some audience also. Funny right. I had fun. After that, we went to ER since there's an emergency and I was called so Kevin accompany me. Maybe he's bored in his room. So here we are right now inside the ER. I left Kevin outside the room but I ask some nurse to accompany him until I am done with my work here. It was actually my free time but maybe they needed my help. As the general surgeon, I have the responsibility. I went inside. And to my surprise, the patient is lying already. And there are some nurses by her side. But it seems like she won't have any minor injury only her right arm to her shoulder. Maybe she got an accident. But she's still unconscious. I proceed to check on her, she's stirring now and when she opened her eyes I was so shocked. It's her again. But why does she's here? What happened to her? And she was still speechless that I am in front of her right now. She's still beautiful despite the cast she has on her right shoulder. I asked the nurse what happened they said that he got a car accident. Wow, this woman my soon-to-be wife got in a car accident. Is she drunk or what but she doesn't smell alcohol. I cleared my throat "ahm I am going to check you and ask you some questions" she just stayed silent so I continued "I want you to follow my fingers with your eyes okay?" So I did the test which is she did. Well after running some tests, she's fine. Only a cast. Thank God nothing major happened to her. I told the nurse to go outside and if they can send Kevin to his room which is they followed. So here I am staring at my amazon girl. My? No. Awkward silence. Silence. Silence. Argh.! I accidentally touched her injured shoulder that causes her to yelp so I apologized. Silence again. I stared through her eyes. "You're beautiful" I blurted out and I am so shocked. And she just blushed. Wait she's blushing? "Why did you had a car accident?" I asked her in a serious tone. "It was not my fault, there's a reckless driver." She answered. "Okay, but be careful next time," I told her. "When can I go home?" She asked. "You can go home anytime soon." She nodded. "But you have to wear that cast for 2 weeks until your shoulder gets to heal." "Where's your family?" I asked. "Mom and dad were in a business meeting in Paris while my sister at school so I am alone." I nodded. "I can take care of myself," she said. I scratch the back of my neck "I am free today, I can send you home" I told her. "No, it's fine, I'll be straight to my office," she said. "No, you need to rest!" I told her with a serious tone more annoyed. God, she's also stubborn. "It's my life, I can do whatever I wanted to do," she said while glaring at me. "Yeah, your life but also my life you're my fiancee and YOU ARE MY RESPONSIBILITY!" I told her right now I can say that I am mad but I was shocked, even her, I called her my fiancee gosh! What if she thinks that I am so desperate? Damnit! "Okay fine," she said while looking away. Wait she's blushing? Haha this woman. "Okay, I'll just get my keys and your papers," I said then kissed her cheek and walking out. Wait I kissed her again? I just shake my head for the thoughts. No, you hate her, she hates you. The feelings are mutual. You're attracted to her. Wait no no-no. Argh! Now I have to send her home. Any surprises for today? Dear God, If I accidentally in love please "Cast my heart".