Day 60 (Extra! Extra! Read All About It!)

At one point, Jack Durbbing started his own newspaper named the "Toilet Times". So named because he put a copy in each of the two bathrooms.

For a publication written in pen by a twelve-year-old, the "Toilet Times" was quite good.

Often, Jack employed a loose definition of "news". ("Dungeons and Dragons" game results sometimes made the front page!) But most of the time, the stories were of substance to our small world of only forty-eight people... classroom grades, job assignments, letters to the editor, book reviews, etc...

And when BIG things did occur, it was nice to have a reliable source of information...

Below is the front page of the "Toilet Times" published sixty days after the peak.

     The grisly deaths of Anthony and Nick totally surprised me. I knew they hated each other, but I didn't think it would come to murder.

How people react to a man's death says a lot about his character.

No one grieved for Anthony.

The only person to shed a tear over Nick was his daughter, Roxanne. She cried for hours. When Uncle Peter asked his wife how to handle Nick's funeral arrangements, she told Uncle Peter to "fuck off". Then she proceeded to blame him for Nick's death. It became yet one more thing Roxanne couldn't forgive her husband for. What little hope Uncle Peter had for saving his marriage died with Nick.

With my help, Uncle Peter tore up the blood-soaked carpet in the Bad Dad House, wrapped the bodies in it, and dumped them into the river. Can you believe Roxanne had the nerve to tell us doing so was "undignified"?!  >:(

[Please remember to vote for this chapter by clicking the star in the upper right corner.]