Chapter 7

"Faster Floufli, spin faster!" Lucas yelled out.

"Having fun, ey?"

"Yes, this is so much fun!" Lucas yelled at the top of his lungs. "Fun is my middle name!"

Lucas almost lost his grip on Floufli's shoulders when the Otherworldly beast stopped twirling. Floufli placed his arms behind his back catching him from falling.

"My middle name is the. I have to admit, fun is a much better middle name," Floufli the Amazing added. "In any case, we have arrived at our destination."

Lucas slid down the back of Floufli. He took a few wobbly steps from all the spinning. His knees buckled underneath him and he tumbled to the floor. Lucas braced himself for the sting of pain to hit him. The pain never came, instead he had a rather soft and bouncy landing. Curious, he reached out with his hands to the ground - cold, flexible and rubbery. "Jelly?" he whispered, confused.

"Huh? What did you say little human?" Floufli the Amazing asked.

"Is that jelly?"

"Well, I'm not sure what Jelly is." Floufli the Amazing started bouncing up and down. "This is gelatin. It's very good for practicing high speed running. I use it as a stopper. It breaks my fall without breaking a leg," Floufli the Amazing said wiggling his bushy blue eyebrows.

"Stopper. Really?"Lucas asked.

"Yeah, it is. It's also very good at catching the fruit that fall from the branches without them being ruined."

Lucas shook his head in understanding. "That is a very different way to pick the fruit from the trees."

"Would you like a taste?" Floufli the Amazing offered.

Lucas glanced around the bizarre place they had arrived at. His eyes wideNed taking in every detail. It was a cave. It was a rather peculiar cave. Unlike any Lucas would have ever visited during the camping trips they went with his family back on earth.

For one, it wasn't dark and narrow. Instead, it was bright and spacious. The walls were lime green with multi colored streaks running along. Massive pillars went up for miles until they reached the top of the cave. Tree branches were sprouting from the ceiling intertwined with one another. The weight of the fruit growing was pulling the branches down. Unfamiliar kinds of fruit were hanging on the trees.

Fluffy clouds hovered above their heads, like a huge stairway leading up to the tree branches. A river was rapidly ascending through the walls, flowing upwards sprinkling the branches along its meandering path.

"So?" Floufli the Amazing asked.

Lucas looked back at Floufli the Amazing confused.

"The fruit. Would you like a taste?"

Lucas nodded enthusiastically. "Aha!"

Floufli the Amazing started hopping on the clouds. "Just a quick bite and then it's back to work for us, my Lucas."

Lucas eyed the first cloud step warily. It was too high for him to step on since it floated at about Lucas's waist. He took a few steps back to gain momentum. He run and jumped at the cloud. Unfortunately, the cloud hovered lower at the last minute causing Lucas to topple over the other side.