Andrew

Carter and Heather walked in together looking like they had just got done taking a three hour nap in a toaster. Carter looked no differently really, light skins don't really tan all that much to begin with. Heather, on the other hand, looked like a plucked chicken. Her face and shoulders were totally pink.

"Didn't pack sunscreen?" I laughed and I spread out the schematics for the museum on the hotel room coffee table. I had also managed to set up Heather's supplies in the second bedroom before she arrived. Buying hotel rooms with two bedrooms is a must nowadays. Housekeeping walked into our setup one night even though there was a "do not disturb" card on the door. If I weren't here when she walked in we'd probably be in jail.

"I burn before I tan," she said with an eye roll, walking right past me and into the second bedroom to probably check on her equipment.

"I set it up just how you like it, don't worry," I laughed quietly. Carter took a seat next to me and started looking over what I recovered.

Heather returned with a yellow cover up dress on and her laptop in her hands. She took a seat on the floor in front of us and we got to planning.

"Security almost mirrors the museum in Tokyo with a few additional firewalls here and there," I said as I pointed out a few areas on the schematics and referenced some handwritten notes my contact gave me.

"This is more than just a simple heist now," Heather replied. She started typing away into her laptop while she continued talking, "I'm going to secure the piece of the battery, Carter is going to find the offices and grab everything and anything that relates to the Quantum Battery or the weapons base."

"And what am I doing?" I chuckled.

"Watching for supers and Black Ice. We can't be dodging security systems all night or we'll never get what we need. So I'm going to shut down anything and everything from the security office," She said simply.

"That's going to attract supers."

"I know. That's why I want you on lookout duty, let me see the building layout."

I slid the schematics closer to Heather and she intensely analyzed it. There's something about the furrow of her brow and the look on her face when she's focused that's so...intriguing. It's as if everything else around her stops existing until she's got all of the information she needs. Heather can come up with a million entry points and escape routes just from looking at a map once. I used to pull off amazing heists, but never ones as perfect and calculated as this.

"There's maintenance access in the lobby, probably so security or janitors can get in," she said after a long silence, "I'll open the door, but you'll have to wait in the lobby until I shut down the security. It looks like the security office is tucked at the back of the lobby so it won't take long."

"How long will we have to get what we need?" Carter asked quietly.

"Supers are going to be watching the place. Twenty minutes tops, so move fast," she answered, finally putting down the map, "Andrew, make sure the car is there and ready at the front door."

"The front door?" I nearly shouted, "are you crazy!"

"I'm anticipating confrontation in the lobby, and that's our only way out. Don't worry I'm prepared to take down Black Ice or any supers that get in our way."

Heather's always been a little crazy. But not "let's invite superheros to kick in our door and fight them" crazy. If this goes south I'm going to kill her. If Black Ice or a hero doesn't kill us first I mean.

"Museum closes at 9:00, janitors should be gone by 11:00," Carter said, standing up and walking over to his suitcase, "why don't we pop over and place a few traps?"

"No, if any supers notice the traps they'll wait inside of the museum. I have a plan I just need you guys to trust me," Heather replied as she typed away on her computer.

"What is that plan?" I asked with the raise of an eyebrow.

"Faking a bounty placed by Bat Boy for an unspecified item and leaking into NSL systems, if they catch us they'll think we were working for them at least. And since none of us are registered in the system they'll probably let us go," she answered with a laugh.

"Key word, probably," Carter sighed.

"We leave at 10:30 boys, if anybody is still inside we can handle them easily."