Andrew

Nevada. Hot. Dusty. Scummy. And all around boring. Heather and I hit a few big casinos back in the day, they're not as fun to rob as people think. There's almost no challenge to robbing a casino, there's at least decent security in museums. Get a few guards drunk and you can practically walk right into the casino vault.

The jet landed a few hundred yards away from the museum, just far enough to not draw any attention to the fact that we had just arrived. Birdman and his crew led the way off the plain and into the wide open plains that offered no concealment whatsoever. All somebody had to do was look out the museum window and they'd see us standing right there. Granted we are standing far enough away to appear as nothing more than shadows in the evening sunset, the point is that we are very visible to potential threats. I don't like being visible.

"Think you can manage to stay hidden?" Heather smirked as she pulled out the tablet she used for her hacking.

"Think you can manage to not alert Black Ice?" Gravity Girl snapped back.

"Don't underestimate us," Heather said with a sly wink, "stay in radio contact. We'll be back before you know it."

She took off running towards the building with Carter and I on her heels. We stopped along the back side of the museum, using some bushes as cover. Each of us slipped our masks over our faces and then gathered around Heather's tablet as she pulled up the building schematics.

"It's pretty safe to just go in through the side doors and head straight for the battery piece," she whispered, "we've got heroes watching our back so we don't need to be worried about alerting anyone. If anything seems off I want the heroes clued in. Got it?"

"I'm going to the archives again, we might find something we can use," Carter said back.

"Let's get in fast. I've got gas grenades that will knock out anyone inside, just get me near a vent," I chuckled, taking out two small orbs from my backpack. We agreed not to hurt anyone while on the job, but we never said anything about incapacitating them.

I left the bushes and slithered my way along side the building. Most of the vent systems would be up top, but on a few rare occasions you can find one closer to ground level. Lady Luck actually seemed to be on my side for once and granted me the gift of easy ventilation access. I twisted the tops of the two orbs and chucked them into the shaft I had pried open. Give it a minute or two and everybody inside will be out cold.

"Building will be clear to enter in two minutes," I said into my comm, slowly starting to make my way back to the bushes.

"I want you in there with us Andrew. I need you at security in case we need to lock down the museum," Heather replied instantaneously.

"You're expecting trouble?"

"Heroes aren't known for being subtle. If Black Ice shows up I want an extra line of defense."

Can't argue with that. Having an extra shield may just very well save our lives. I met up with Carter and Heather at an exterior maintenance door while they radioed the heroes to let them know we were heading in. We broke in, well more like we opened the door because Heather knew the code. A few security guards were passed out on the floor but I didn't count any civilian bodies.

"Get to work boys," Heather said quietly as she sprinted off down a hallway. Carter ran in the opposite direction and I was left alone to figure out where the security offices were. I grabbed a security card from one of the guards and slowly made my way to what looked like a control center. The key card opened the door and there was a fair amount of computers and terminals in the little room.

"I'm at the security office," I said into the comm channel, "how's it looking on your end's?"

"Almost at the artifact, had a few minor setbacks with some locked doors," Heather replied.