Heather

I sat on my bed in the hotel room Andrew, Carter, and I had purchased for the next week. Nothing particularly interesting was going on in my broker feed, just some casual black mailing and secret selling. But the news everywhere was buzzing about how the NSL defeated the notorious Black Ice. They didn't give the three of us any of the credit, but I have Glow Woman on speed dial should I ever need a favor. So I guess that's better than nothing.

Andrew kept his promise and let us fly out to Hawaii for a few weeks, Carter has also suddenly become very interested in a puppy at this one shelter near the hotel. So we may end up leaving with a fourth member of our crew.

As for what happened after we took out Black Ice? Nothing special. Birdman personally thanked us at the NSL headquarters, he even offered the three of us positions as official superheroes. We politely declined the offer. He agreed to turn a blind eye to some of our more minor crimes but if we ever get the idea of taking over the world he's putting his foot down. It's a fair enough trade I guess.

The last remaining battery piece is still with us, and I think Andrew has plans to tie and anchor to it and drop it into the sea somewhere. Whatever we come up with, it's better than somebody getting their hands on whatever is inside that facility. Even if it is back under NSL control.

I fell like my entire life has changed. I thought I didn't care about what happened to me, or this world, or the people in it. I thought all that mattered was making money. And maybe some of that still rings true. I've honestly thought about giving up the life of a thief and using my talents to help people. There's so much good in the world I could do.

"Are you going to gear up or what, Heather?" Carter laughed as he strapped his holster to his thigh.

Or not.

"We've got three hours to grab whatever is in the Governor's safe and then get the hell out," I said, rolling my eyes and slipping my backpack over my shoulders.