Chapter 8

~Xander~

He kissed me. Achilles was cradling my jaw in a light but possessive grip, giving me a long kiss that gradually deepened until we were chest to chest under the covers. His other hand pulled me closer to him as our mouths met in a clash of lips, tongue and teeth, his canines pushing and receding in what I believed was a loss of control.

That's what this was. Achilles and his loss of control as his mouth consumed mine, because I let him. The kiss turned more aggressive as Achilles began kissing down my jaw, the line of my throat and my chest, wrestling off my shirt. He inhaled against the hollow of my throat, teeth dragging across my collar bone. "You smell...Intoxicating." He said around his canines, sucking at the inside of my collarbone as pain flared there hot and bright and good, so good.

I tried to speak but I couldn't, Achilles manipulating sounds out of me I shouldn't have been making. He was lying on top of me now, one of his legs between mine as the comfortable weight of his body was pressed against mine. His hands mapped and roamed over my skin. But, we couldn't get any closer than we already were.

Achilles was still kissing me, complimenting me between exploring my mouth with his tongue, saying wonderful things. "You feel so good." He said against my mouth. "Your skin is so beautiful, you're so beautiful." His breaths were hot against my mouth and my skin but it was like everything he did, I wanted.

Unlike Cory. Slowly, my brain ground to a stop as guilt beat hot and insistently against my throat. Guilt I shouldn't feel. Cory and I were over. But, he was in my mind, throbbing behind my eyes. Fuck.

I turned away from Achilles suddenly, wriggling out from underneath him, not realizing I was so close to the edge of the bed. I fell onto the floor and my head whacked against the carpeted floor and my elbow cracked against the side table.

"Hell." I said, trying to push down the thoughts.

But Achilles came off of the bed to help me, laughing so nicely, with such a big smile. "Are you okay?" He said, running his fingers across my chest, fingering every dip and swell of muscle. I raised myself up onto my knees and Achilles did the same, leaning down to kiss the join between my neck and shoulder before pushing down with his teeth enough that I thought he was going to bite me, mark me, claim me as his.

"I—" I said, touching his chest and pushing. But he only groaned, still kissing me everywhere, still telling me how beautiful I was. I pushed him again, with a bit more force. "Can you st—" But my voice hitched and disappeared.

I kept thinking of Cory, bile raising in my throat, the blood coming back up. Cory wouldn't like this. Cory wouldn't like this. "Cory would—"

Achilles shrank away from me, all the lightness replaced with shock and then a slow but building rage. "What?"

I turned away, touching the building bruise that was my shoulder and pushing down on the spot. "This isn't a good idea."

"No." His voice raised and he struggled to lower it. "You don't get to just gloss the fuck over that. Who's Cory?"

I mumbled, feeling my eyes glass over.

Achilles was only getting angrier, squeezing and releasing his knee. "For someone who always has a response to everything you're being awful quiet there."