Chapter 29

~Achilles~

"So, you have a week off from work right?" I put product in my hair before smoothing out the strands at the front to make them look more sleek. Xander was beside me in the bathroom brushing his teeth. The en suite connected to Xander's bathroom had his and her sinks or in this case his and his.

I forgot sometimes that Xander was seriously wealthy. I was getting too used to filtered water and the sheer luxury of the way Xander lived.

Xander nodded before spitting out tooth paste, and then rinsing out his mouth before rinsing the sink

Xander nodded before spitting out tooth paste, and then rinsing out his mouth before rinsing the sink. He walked over to me, taking a comb and fixing my hair.

I sat down on the seat in front of the mirror and watched Xander attend to my hair, feeling very well cared for. I suddenly got the desire to shift and have Xander scratch me behind my ears. I didn't shift very often around him outside of on full moons  but I wanted to change that. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of Xander's fingers in my hair. God, this could be my life forever. "I can take off a couple days this week so that we can do something," I said, looking at Xander's movements through the mirror. He was only stroking his fingers through my hair now, a calm expression on his face. "Like a spa, or maybe a hike."

"You've been spoiling me since Valentine's day. If you start treating me like this all the time I might grow to expect it," his voice was low and soft.

"Oh, Xander." I sighed, "Would it be such a terrible thing if you did expect it?"

He bit his lower lip, mumbling, "I guess not."

I stood up from my seat, cupping Xander's face to give him a quick, hard kiss. "If you're not busy today meet me for lunch at my workplace. There's this great sushi place across from where I work. My treat."

Xander smiled slowly, squeezing my bicep, "Okay, Mr.Wolf, you got me. I can't resist sushi. When's your lunch hour?"

"Twelve thirty, and it's a date?" I searched his face, wondering if everything was really okay.

Xander walked me to his front door and he gave me a leisurely kiss on the lips, "It's a date. Have a good day, Achilles."

#

"That's not how you hold chop sticks, Achilles." Xander whispered loudly to me at the table.

I was fumbling with the sticks a bit, feeling like maybe it had been a while since I'd had sushi. The place across my workplace was a little froufrou, with dark marble floors, high ceilings, abstract art I didn't understand on the walls and one wall of the place was all windows. I could see the kitchen from where we were seated and the person preparing the sushi wasn't even Asian. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

Although, I did like that the place had private booths with high backs and that there was an ipad on a stand on the table where we could select what we wanted to eat.