Chapter 9

Authors note- the longest chapter yet. also the most eventful so far. (I think)

"fall seven times,  stand up eight

"fall seven times,  stand up eight."  ~Unknown

Listen to:  "Sucker" by The Jonas Brothers (this song has some meaning to this chapter.")

Marianna and I finished studying we went to the kitchen to get something to eat, my mom walked in with the twins. she didn't know that Marianna knew everything.

"Hey, Emery the twins need a bath when you are done homework can you do it? Also, we need to take-," she stopped midsentence and seen Marianna and I looking at her.

"Hey mom, this is Marianna," I introduced, "She knows, about the twins,"

"Oh," I could see her tense up, she was the type of person who loved attention, as long as it was good, she loved keeping up appearances, "can I talk to you?" she continued.

"Sure," I gave Marianna an encouraging look, as my mom and I walked to the living room.

"What if she tells someone?"

"She won't, I trust her, it's ok,"

"If you trust her, then so do I," after my mom agreed with me, we walked back to the kitchen to see Marianna playing with the twins.

"It's nice to meet you, Marianna, I'm Julie,"

"It's nice to meet you too, I promise I won't tell anyone, I love Emery like she is my sister, I hope you believe me," Marianna explained.

"I know sweetie,"

Marianna, my mom and I spent the rest of the day baking and watching tv with the twins, at around 8:30 when my dad came home, I told them we needed to talk and that Marianna needed to be with me for support.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so stupid," I started, "that night, I went to the party, I wasn't hanging out with my friends, I was with Ace. He took me on a date,"

"You mean the Vanderwall kid?" my dad asked. He worked with Ace's father.

"Yes, when we were on our way home, he met some of his friends who invited us to a party, when we got there, he gave me a drink, I thought it tasted funny, I only took one drink. After about an hour Ace was really drunk, at least I thought he was, I took him to a room upstairs to let him get some sleep so he could drive me home. When we got into the room I walked towards the bed, he pulled away from my arms, he turned to the door and locked it," I took a breath, "that is when I started getting dizzy, I stumbled back on the bed and then he crawled on top of me, I told him to stop, I said no, he wouldn't get off of me."

"It's ok, it's ok baby girl," my father said pulling into a hug as tears streamed down my face.

"When I woke up the next morning, I found blood on the sheets and I was in pain, a lot of pain,"