Chapter 18

"isn't it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say 'I'm used to it'" ~Unknown

Listen to: "Like I Did" by JC Stewert

That night I didn't sleep, every time I closed my eyes, I would see Percy and that girl kissing at the mall.

There were less than two days until Christmas and I still had to pick up Marianna's gift, it was at the local book store, the one Percy worked at. I could only hope he didn't work today. I got in the shower, did my makeup and put my hair in a messy bun, I got dressed in a pair of blue jeans, a white sweater, an infinity scarf, and brown knee-high boots.

 I got in the shower, did my makeup and put my hair in a messy bun, I got dressed in a pair of blue jeans, a white sweater, an infinity scarf, and brown knee-high boots

I texted Marianna and asked if she knew if Percy was working, she didn't respond, I left hoping he wasn't.

As I walked to the library, my heart was racing. When I got to the library I walked in, it was empty, I disregarded the weird feeling I had and walked to the back of the store where I had the book set be put on hold, I was expecting to see the older lady who works here but in but instead, I saw Percy holding them.

"Emery talk to me for a second," he begged, "let me explain,"

I grabbed the books out of his hands, threw the money on the cash table behind him and walked to the door, the only problem was that when I got to the door, it wouldn't open. I kept trying but it wouldn't budge.

"Percy!" I yelled to the back of the store, "unlock this door,"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, the door is locked, and I can't open it,"

"Let me try," Percy moved towards the door and pushed it, "that's weird,"

"What?" I asked, not looking at him,

"The doors lock from the inside, but you can only unlock them from the outside," Percy explained

"so? What?"

"We are locked in this library until my manager comes at 8,"

I looked at the clock on the wall for the time and seen it was 6, only two more hours. it's times like this that regret leaving my phone in my car,