Childhood Lovers. 9

We walked along that sandy path again, but in the opposite direction. Eventually, we reached a private dock, with three boats tied up. One yacht, a skimmer, and a medium sized motorboat.

"Which one?" I asked. Chase pointed to the motorboat, which was the perfect choice - not too big, not too small, just right in the middle, like Goldie Locks.

Chase hopped on first, then played gentleman, and offered his hand to help me onto the boat.

"Shawty call bow seat!" I exclaimed, racing for the front of the boat. Flopping onto the leathery cushioned seat, I got the best view.

With a roar of the engine, we were off. Like the night before, it was a perfect sight. From my perspective, it looked like we were driving right into the sunset. Closing my eyes, I let the wind whip against my face.

"CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW GOT NOTHING ON ME!" Chase exclaimed, accelerating even more. Chase made sharp turns, speeding across, creating huge waves. Eventually, he stopped and put the boat in neutral.

Chase walked to the front, and plopped down next to me. He casually slipped his arm around my shoulders. He turned to face me, his blue eyes piercing into mine.

"So . . ." he said.

"So . . ." I whispered back.

"I still can't believe you're here, after 10 years of being apart. You haven't changed a bit. I've really missed you, Ace."

I bit down on my bottom lip and said, "I've missed you too."

"Do you remember our first kiss?"

"Slightly," I said, softly.

"Maybe this will jog your memory."

Chase grabbed a lock of my hair and pushed it behind my ear. He tilted my chin, and pulled his face up to mine - our lips only a centimeter away from touching.

3. . .

2 . .

1.

Touchdown.

His sweet, warm breath mixed with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pulled my body closer to his.

Had I been expecting this? Did I want this? Was this going to ruin our friendship? Did he want a relationship?

Questions squirmed inside my head, but I forced them away. Right now, I would enjoy this, and deal with the questions and consequences later.

He drew a line of kisses - from my mouth, to my check, to my neck, up to my ear.

Leaning back on the seat, I let Chase lay on top of me. We stopped kissing, and I looked up at him. His crystal blue eyes were bright with passion and affection. He kissed me again, soft and tenderly.

I'm not sure how long we were making out for, but by the time we finished, it was pitch black.

Knowing that we should probably go back, Chase revved up the boat engine.

"Ace, you want to drive?" He asked. Eagerly, I jumped up and grabbed the steering wheel. "Okay, easy girl. Now, put your hand on the gas drive." He grabbed my hand and placed it on the knob. "You adjust it when you want to change gears or speed. And, then you've got the steering wheel, and you're good to go."

When I pushed the knobbing gas-thingy, the boat zoomed across the water. I kept it at that speed, and drove the steering wheel, directing the boat through the red and green buoys.

Driving the boat made me free, liberated, empowered.

Before I knew it, we were at the dock. Chase leaped out, reeled the boat in closer, and tied it up.

Once again, we walked along that sandy path, holding hands, chattering about nonsense.

"I had a lot of fun today, Hayden," Chase said, once we reached the house.

"Yeah, me too," I said, before yawning.

Chase walked me to my bedroom door. "So, look, there's a party tomorrow night. You should go with me."

"Okay," I said.

"You're tired," he concluded. "I can tell. Goodnight, Hayden." He gave my lips a soft peck.

"Night, Chase," I said, before opening my door.

* * *

A combination of loud voices woke me up the next morning. I assumed it was just all of the parents, but I decided to get up and investigate.

I was . . . so wrong.

There, in the kitchen stood Chase, with Jessica and Tyler. Tyler was counting out money.

"You win bro, fair and square," Tyler said, handing the cash over. "I can't believe you actually got her to kiss you so quickly."

My mouth dropped open. Were they talking about me?

"Looks like we have a visitor," Jessica giggled. "Whoops, you weren't supposed to know about this! Sorry, mahhhh bad."

Tears flooded to my eyes, my throat closed up and developed a lump, the room was spinning. I starting walking towards the back door, that led outside. That walk turned into a brisk, power walk. And from there, it turned into a run.

"Hayden! Wait!" I heard Chase call out after me, but I didn't wait, I didn't stop.  

--------------------- 

feeeeedback please! vote ,comment, tweet, like anything!