Chapter Four

I've attatched a picture of Adam Brody, my headcanon James Potter to the sidebar. Just ruffle his hair a bit and add some round glasses. James Potter was obviously the hottie second in command to Sirius. How else would he have landed a bae like Lily?

I know I only post on Fridays, which isn't a lot, but I would rather give you a good piece of writing than rush through each chapter and have the quality suffer because of that, so thank you for being patient.

Please keep voting!

Always,

Brielle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius had returned to the dormitory only five minutes before curfew last night. He couldn't deal with Remus looking at him like he hated him, which he most likely did. Once in the common room, he had snuck past everyone, blending himself into the shadows that flickered across the walls as the hot fire ate away at it's fuel, to get to the boys dormitory. There, he hid himself in his pile of blankets, not having done any of his work for the next day. The exhaustion from crying and heaving his chest in and out to calm himself down from the very act took over his body quickly and he submitted to sleep.

He woke up early the next morning, not particularly by choice. However, he took the opportunity to get ready and leave before any of the other boys woke up. He couldn't look at Remus' face with his perfectly framing sandy blonde hair and the scar on his cheek that seemed to attract Sirius even more than was fit. He couldn't look at the dull eyes that once smiled when they made contact with his own. He couldn't look at him because if he did, he would start falling in love again and he couldn't bear to love someone who did not reciprocate his feelings.

He got down to the dungeon just as the first bell sounded from the unused chapel. The sound rang throughout the campus signifying that it was time for all of the students to wake from the mere five hours of sleep that they had most likely allotted themselves.

Sirius slipped into the classroom and took his seat. Professor Flogley had not yet arrived, so he took a moment to rest his head on the cool wooden desk. He reveled in the fact that he was finally alone, however his assuagement was short-lived, as he was joined only seconds later by Severus Snape.

"You got here early," Sirius noted, mumbling into his desk.

Severus sneered (or at least it sounded to Sirius like he was sneering, and he usually was), "Yes well, the Slytherin common room is just down the hall."

"But you usually take longer," Sirius tried him, a smirk on his face, although he had not yet looked up.

"Look Black, it's none of your business. You're here early for your reasons and I'm here for mine, " he said sharply.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Sirius said, with a chuckle. He finally turned his head on the desk, although not sitting up.

"Did you just apologize to me?" He heard Snape ask in a small voice, noting the surprise on his face. He wouldn't have known he had spoke if he hadn't witnessed his lips moving.

"Yeah I did," he replied with an equal amount of surprise. Had he really been so awful in the past that it dumbfounded Severus when he was slightly kind.

Severus frowned, a deeper frown than his usual woe-is-me frown. This one seemed to ask the question 'Are you playing with me?' But the word that Severus actually uttered was, "Why?"

"Because you're a person, and you've got feelings too, I reckon. Somewhere behind your frown lines, Severus, you've got a heart," Sirius said, sincerely.