Chapter Five

I've attached a picture of my headcanon Peter, Michael Cera. I love Michael, but he is a pretty weasley-looking guy.

Please continue to comment and vote. I love hearing that I'm good at what I do, quite honestly, and I know I'm not alone in that.

Thank you!

Always,

Brielle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Congrats, dude," Sirius clapped James on the back, sharing the first genuine smile in a long while with his best friend. "When are you going to take her out?"

James had a dreamy look on his face, one that had matched how Sirius felt on the inside ever since he'd reattained his friendship with Remus, who now sat across from him. The boy seemed interested in their gossip and affairs once again. It lit Sirius' heart with the warmest, most comfortable sort of fire to have his friend back; back to normal, it seemed.

"I'm taking her to Hogsmeade this weekend. I'm going to show her how to get into a one sided snowball fight," James smirked.

Remus scoffed, "You can't show her the cloak James! I know you've liked Lily 'forever' and whatnot, but you how the girl abides to the rules; what if she tells the headmaster?"

"He's got a point, James," Sirius interjected, "if Dumbledore confiscates the cloak, we'll have no way to finish the map. And we've got a lot to do before the end of the school year."

James frowned, crossing his arms, "Then what do you suggest I do with her?"

"Well, you could - and this is only a suggestion - treat her like a girlfriend and not as if she's automatically a part of the Marauders," Sirius said in a hushed voice.

"If you recall, I've never had a girlfriend before as I've been chasing this one bloody chick for my entire student career!" James said a bit too loudly, "What do people normally do with a girl?"

Remus rolled his eyes, "You really can't be this oblivious, James. Take Lily to Honeyduke's, buy her a chocolate frog, share a Butterbeer at the Hogs Head, if you really must, take her to Zonko's and show her what you can do with a deck of cards and a bar of Frog Spawn Soap, and I do not in any way mean for that to sound sexual. Do NOT have sex with her on the first date James." At the last sentence, Remus had started using his hands to speak dramatically, as he did when he was very serious.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Remus, I wasn't born yesterday, I know how to treat a lady," James said rolling his eyes and sitting back in his chair.

"Really, because a moment ago you were asking me what to do with one..." Remus smirked triumphantly.

James scowled, his face reddening with frustration, "Oi, you, bugger off."

James stood to leave and Peter, who had been scarfing down food and hanging on every one of James' words, obediently following him.

"Wait Prongs, you said you were going to help me study for our DADA test!" Sirius called as the boys walked towards the large double doors of the great hall. However, his plea for help was lost in the sound of their socializing classmates.

Sirius leaned against the table in defeat. That was the one class he couldn't understand, no matter how hard he tried.

"You know I'm doing well in DADA," Remus said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, you do well in every class Moony, don't need to rub it in," Sirius mumbled into the table.

Surprising Sirius with his ability to decipher his words, Remus said, "No, I mean that I'll help you study if you want, teach you my memorization methods."