Chapter Twenty-Five: Classified

I got to the bar at 6:15, feeling insanely out of my element, when I spotted JJ, Emily, and a woman dressed so crazily, there was no doubt in my mind that she was Garcia. I made my way over to them.

"Hey guys." I said, sitting on the stool between Garcia and JJ.

"When Hotch mentioned a girlfriend, he left out the part where she's drop dead gorgeous." Garcia stated. "Love the dress."

"Thanks. I don't normally do this type of thing, so I didn't really know what to wear."

"You look great. Just be careful, you're probably going to get hit on a considerable amount." Emily stated. "The first round is on me."

"Can I get a Dr. Pepper?" I asked her.

"You're not drinking?" JJ asked.

"I'm not really an alcohol person. Its fine, I'll just be designated driver."

"I mean, if she wants to volunteer, I'm not going to argue." Garcia said.

"I'll be right back."

"You're sure?" JJ questioned. I nodded.

"Yeah! Its still going to be fun, I have no doubt. Thank you guys again, for inviting me."

"Well, as I'm sure Hotch told you, we wanted to get to know you in a non-violent, case-related setting."

"Did you really overpower an armed physcotic that couldn't feel pain?" Garcia asked.

"Twice. And she was the one that figured out the location of her daughters when they were kidnapped." JJ threw in. I shrugged.

"I mean, Aaron and Dr. Reid had a lot to do with that one-"

"Don't be modest. The entire team is beyond impressed with you." I shifted uncomfortably.

"Well, thanks." I looked up at the bar to see Emily, drinks in her hands, engaged in conversation with a guy in a suit. "Looks like Emily has been spotted already."

"We've only been here five minutes." Garcia pointed out.

"Yeah, but look at her, she broke away from the group, guy saw her alone, got confident, made his move."

"So this is what a bar with Profilers is like." I stated. JJ chuckled.

"Must be serious." We looked up again to see Emily bringing the guy over to our table.

"Ladies, this is Brad, a real FBI agent."  I took a sip of my drink to hide my laugh.

"Really?" Garcia asked.

"Really."

"No way."

"Mhm."

"That's exciting, what's it like at Quan-tee-co?" 

"Its a, quite impressive."

"I'll bet." I said, adding a hint of flirtatiousness to my voice and twirling my hair around my finger. "What, um...what department are you in?"

"That's classified." He smirked confidently at me.

"Ooh, classified." I said, sharing a look with JJ.

"Must be really tough keeping all those secrets." She added.

"You know, its a skill like anything else. Carpenters are good at measuring, FBI's good at keeping secrets and kicking criminal butt." We all laughed.

"Well, somebody's gotta o it. Oh, do you have to carry your gun and badge with you everywhere you go?" Emily asked with false enthusiasm.

"Affirmative."