Chapter Twenty-Nine: Distraction

~~~Aaron~~~

"These guys are too good to get caught, so why did they?" Rossi questioned.

"911 received a call alerting them to a robbery in progress." Will said.

"That wasn't Elizabeth, was it?" Morgan asked. I shook my head.

"Actually, it was a text," Garcia corrected, "DC added 911 messaging after the Virgina Tech students' texts went unanswered during the massacre." 

"Can you trace it, Garcia?" I asked.

"Yeah, that message was sent from a cellphone that is currently inside the bank, and it is registered to a Larry Phillips JR."

"Why does that name sound familiar?" Will questioned.

"That's the name of one of the gunmen from the '97 North Hollywood bank shootout in California." Rossi realized allowed.

"So this is an homage?" Morgan asked.

"Guys, that text was sent thirty seconds before they blacked out the security feeds for entry."

"How's that possible?" Strauss inquired.

"it didn't come from a hostage. It came from one of the robbers."

"She wanted us here." I concluded.

~~~Elizabeth~~~

"What's that?" Chris asked, into the phone. "Mm, I don't believe in Wild Cards. They dumb down the game. This is your new negotiation tactic? Insulting me? Impossible. You're lying." He turned, looking at the girl. "Did you call the police?"

"Is that waht they're telling you?" She asked.

"Its the only way they could have gotten here so fast." I said. "There's no way they could have gotten here within minutes of the 911 call once you started shooting."

"Nobody is talking to you." The girl snapped. "They're trying to turn us against one another, and she's obviously helping them."

"Why would you even do that? Olly's dead 'cause of that."

"She doesn't care about Olly, Chris. She never did." The girl pressed the barrel of her gun to my forehead.

"You talk too much." She snarled. "I wouldn't do that. I'm trapped here too."

"Are you lying to me?" He pointed his gun at her.

"We've come too far for you to start doubting me now." She told him. "Lost too much. Hey...hey...don't let them tear us apart." She put a hand on his face. "Right as we're about to win. If you do that, Olly's death won't mean anything."

"Enough. I'm done talking to you. I want to talk to someone who won't jerk me around face to face."  

"No more Feds." She added.

"I want to talk to the cop who shot my brother."

~~~Aaron~~~

"No. No, forget it." JJ argued.

"JJ, if it means we can end this..." Will started.

"What makes you think he won't shoot you the minute you walk inside?"

"Look, he wants out of there just as much as we want him out."

"its not happening. Forget it."

"There's no guarantee he won't retaliate for the death of his brother." I reasoned.

"I know you'd do it if you were me."

"Will, I know how you're feeling, but you are too close to this case to make that call." Morgan told him.