Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tactical Advantage

~~~Elizabeth~~~

"I can't find anything. No doors, no grates, nothing." The girl reported.

Their heist hadn't gone to plane, and on the escape route, the security guard robber had been shot, and we were now surrounded. They had all of the hostages lined up around the doors and windows. It was a smart move, I'll give them that.

"Yo! Lynne! What's another way out of here?" The other guy shouted.

"Just the main entrance and the side door. Its for security."

"Ugh, I know that, you think I'm stupid?"

"What went wrong? We were on count." The girl asked. It can't have been my text message that messed up their plan. There's no way that Aaron could call the police or that they'd get there as fast as they did.

"I need a Doctor. IS ANYONE A DOCTOR?!" The woman beside me was holding a crying child, and It was starting to annoy the robbers.

"Will you shut that kid UP?!" The woman shouted.

"he's a baby. What do you expect her to do?" The guy on her other side asked.

"its ok Baby, its ok." The woman hit the guy in the back of the head with her gun.

"No one asked for your opinion. Its not just the cops. We've got the Feds now, too. We're screwed." I straighted at that, looking out the window at the FBI mobile Command center. That has to be the BAU, right?

"We have to apply pressure."

"I can't even feel it."

"Yeah, I know. Just push down as hard as you can." He's more concerned about the partner than the woman is. If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably related in some way.

"Would you focus on what's important?"

"Shut the heck up! He's bleeding out."

"its his fault we're in this mess. Nice heads up on the cops, Olly."

"Maybe think it was your count that was off, huh?"

"How bad is it?" Olly asked.

"You're gonna be fine." They're already fighting. Maybe if I can sympathize with the brother, I can turn them against each other and give us a chance.

"I can help you with that." I shouted over my shoulder.

"You a doctor?"  He asked.

"No, but I'm  teacher. I have to be trained in first aid, and I have experience with temporarily patching up gunshot wounds. If you'll let me, I can at least try to stop the bleeding."

"Get over here." I turned, walking over to him and crouching in front of the brother. "You try anything, I'll kill you." I nodded.

"We need to lie him down." He moved Olly so that he was lying flat on his back. I took off my button up shirt, careful to keep my phone covered up with my tank top, before folding it up and pressing it against the gunshot wound. Olly groaned.

"Careful, you're hurting him!"

"I have to hurt him, I have to apply pressure to stop the bleeding." I pointed out.

"I don't wanna die." Olly said.

"We're all gonna die if we don't get out of here. You shot a cop."

"Shut the heck up!" The other guy shouted. "You're not gonna die. We're trapped in here. Ok. But we got one thing they want-all them."

~~~Aaron~~~

"They're using the hostages as human shields." Rossi pointed out.

"This is the first time they've been interrupted. What went wrong?"