The Clock

I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters, they belong to JK Rowling
I don't take credit for this idea- it came from a few headcanons I saw and loved

The Weasley Clock. Nine hands, six of which were currently pointing towards 'Home'. The ones baring the names 'Bill' and 'Charlie' were pointing at 'Work'. The hand that said 'Fred' was spinning, extremely fast, never stopping. See, there wasn't a section of the Weasley Clock that said 'death'. Currently, in The Burrow, Mrs Weasley was knitting, occasionally glancing at the clock. Ron was playing Wizard's Chess with Percy, both with determined looks on their faces. Mr Weasley was reading the Daily Prophet, Ginny was ironing her school robes. George, however, was nowhere to be seen. Just then, the hand baring the name 'Bill' moved from 'Work' to 'Travelling' to 'Home' in a few seconds. About a minute later, Bill Weasley walked through the door. "Evening, love. How was work?" Mrs Weasley asked, getting up and hugging her eldest son. "Not bad. Goblins are giving me a bit of leeway at the moment. Not complaining. They're usually total arses." Bill said, looking around the room. "Where's George?" He asked his mother. Mrs Weasley sighed. "Up in his room, I expect. He hasn't come down since the funeral, bless him. We aren't going to force him, though." She added, a little sternly. Bill nodded, and went up to see his younger brother.

Bill knocked twice in the door. There were posters all over it, one of which said 'KEEP OUT! GRED AND FORGE IN HERE! POTENTIALLY LIFE-THREATENING!' In bright red letters. "George? It's Bill. Can I come in?" He waited a few seconds, there was no reply. "George, I'm not going to try and get you out of here, and I'm not going to talk about him. I just haven't seen you in a while, that's all." He said, keeping his voice low and calm. He heard a small grunt and the creaking of a bed. Next minute, half of George's face was peering through a small crack in the door. "It's just you?" He said, barely above a whisper. Bill tried to ignore how weak and tired George sounded. "Just me." He confirmed. George opened the door, but immediately walked back to his bed and sat on it, so Bill didn't see his face. Bill closed the door behind him and took a seat on the chair at the foot of George's bed, not really fancying sitting on Fred's bed, which was kept, supposedly, exactly as Fred had left it. When George turned to face him, Bill struggled not to gasp. George's eyes were sunken and had black circles round them, his cheeks were hollow, and overall he looked as though he'd spent a few months in Azkaban. Bill nearly shuddered at the thought of that place. He'd been once, for a couple of hours, and swore to never, ever go back. "How are you, George?" He asked. George shrugged and grabbed a piece of parchment from his bedside table. He scribbled a few words on it, then handed it to Bill. About as bad as you'd expect. How are you? Bill shrugged, not questioning the method of communication George was using.  "I'm not too bad. Goblins aren't being too much of an arse now that Voldemort's gone." He didn't have the heart to mention the true reason the Goblins were giving him leeway. George scribbled once again. How long are you staying for? Bill sighed. "Just this week and next, then I'm back at work the week after." He said. George nodded. "Are you coming downstairs? Something smelt nice when I walked in. I think mum made Lasagna." George wrote, once again, on his parchment. I don't know. Usually mum brings up dinner for me. I don't like going downstairs, but I might go down today. Bill nodded. He was about to ask George about his latest project, when Mrs Weasley called up the stairs. "Bill! Dinner's ready! George, I'll be up in a minute, darling!" Bill stood up, and watched as George did the same, albeit slowly. "That's it. It honestly smells amazing." Bill said, with a small smile.

Seven Weasleys were now seated around the small table. Mrs Weasley was just serving Mr Weasley some when she noticed Bill and George. "Ah, Bill, you can squeeze in- George! You take your usual seat, darling, that's it." George sat, avoiding the staring eyes of Ron and Ginny, neither of whom had seen their older brother for a short while. About five minutes later, once everyone had got food, Mrs Weasley sat down. "Right, that's Ron, yes he's got some, Ginny, yes, Arthur, yes, Bill, George, yes. Where's Fred?" She said. Everything went silent. It was icy. Too icy for words, too cold for tears. Mrs Weasley gasped and clapped her hands over her mouth, tears glistening in her eyes. All eyes averted to George, but he was already gone. "Oh god. And he just came down, as well!" Mrs Weasley said, now sat down and crying. Bill hugged her, Ginny held her hand. Mr Weasley, Percy and Ron merely sat there, still feeling the chill, as though a ghost was sat on top of them.