Calm with me

George POV

"Ahh, Potions. Gotta love spending two hours in a dark dungeon with Severus Snape." Fred sighed, a wistful smile on his face. George mirrored his expression. "Yeah. Good ol' Snape. Best Potions Professor Hogwarts has ever seen." They continued to walk down the dungeon corridor, snickering and occasionally shoving each other. Once they reached the classroom, they discovered they were only just on time- the back of the line was filing into the blackness when they arrived. "Afternoon, Professor!" George said to Snape from across the classroom. The Potions Master glowered at the Weasley twin. "Sit down, Mr Weasley, before I dock points from your house." George grinned at Fred, who was also stood up. "That depends, sir, which Mr Weasley were you referring to? There's two of us in here, you see." Fred snickered beside him and Snape snarled. "I was referring to both of you, now sit DOWN! Ten points from Gryffindor. For each of you." George sat down next to Fred, who was still snickering. A few other students were also attempting to hide grins. "Now. Today you will be brewing possibly the most complex potion you have ever brewed. It requires immense skill and total focus. Today..." he waved his wand at the blackboard, and instructions instantly appeared. Snape wasn't joking, that potion had to be the trickiest George had ever seen. "The Draught Of Living Death." Snape said. "You will need to write up this method for your theory NEWT, so pay attention. You have one hour and forty five minutes. Begin."

Fred and George gathered the required ingredients and set to work. It was extremely difficult, both twins had trouble cutting a weird bean-looking thing, Fred's actually flew of the table and hit Lee, who turned and grinned, in the back of the head. Half an hour in, Snape walked around each of the desks, observing their progress. He reached a table of Hufflepuffs and peered into the cauldron of a brown-hairs girl. "Abysmal, Hopkins. Merlin knows how you even passed your OWL. Start again." With a wave of his wand, the contents of her cauldron vanished. George felt a little sorry for her, she looked close to tears.

Fred POV

Snape was getting closer to his and George's table. He felt a little sorry for the Hufflepuff girl, but kept his head over his own cauldron. After praising a table of three Slytherins, Snape moved to the desk the twins shared. He looked into George's cauldron. "Dreadful, Weasley. I recommend you fix that rather rapidly, or I will make you start again." George, who had been trying really hard to get the potion right, balled his right hand into a fist. His voice sounded strained and forced when he answered. "Yes, Professor." Fred grabbed George's balled hand, which relaxed as Snape moved over to Fred's own potion. Fred has also tried extremely hard with his potion, reading and re-reading each instruction, making sure all his measurements were extremely precise and that his potion was the exact colour it was supposed to be. "Naturally, yours is identical to your clone's. I'm afraid I don't give chances out twice." With a wave of his wand, the contents disappeared. "What the bloody hell did you do that for?" Fred yelled, his hands curling into tight fists. Nearly everyone turned to look at him. He glowered at Snape, who sneered back. "That'll be twenty points from Gryffindor, Weasley, I don't know how you dare speak to me like that." Fred, who was nearly taller than Snape, screamed back straightaway. "In case you hadn't noticed Professor." He growled, putting emphasis on the word 'Professor'. "You just vanished my potion, and I don't have time to start again!" Snape glared at him. "That'll be another twenty points, Weasley, I suggest you-"
"I don't care! I don't give a damn how many points you dock! This is my NEWT potion, you even said yourself how important it was, yet you don't even let me finish it!" He roared. "I'm not gonna get it perfect first time, am I? You said it was extremely difficult, you can't expect it to be grade O on the first attempt! That's pathetic!" "Silence." Snape hissed at Fred. "How dare you speak to me like that. Fifty points from Gryffindor." Fred took a couple of steps towards Snape, pulling out his wand as he did so. George placed a firm hand on his chest. "Fred. Don't." George whispered in his ear. "Don't give him more reasons to dock points." Fred glared at his twin. "I don't care if he docks points, George! He's a foul, evil, cruel git and you know it!" George kept his hand on Fred's chest. "Detention, Mr Weasley. Every Thursday for the rest of term." Fred turned blood red and began shaking in anger. "WHAT? What? Are you having a laugh? So I get my potion the tiniest bit wrong, and you give me two months' detentions? I hate you! This lessons is pathetic! You hear me? PATHETIC!" Fred could feel tears of anger burning his eyes, but he didn't blink them away. He was shaking, anger burning every inch of him. George put his other hand on Fred's shoulder, stopping him running at Snape. "Fred... breathe." Fred kicked his chair, which smashed against the wall, and walked out of the dungeon, slamming the door behind him.