Ch. 18 Breaking the News

I hadn't been in the house for long before Cissy saw me. She rushed over to me pulling me into her arms. I winced causing her to pull back instantly and look me over for injuries. I knew she would find no physical injuries.

"Where are my parents? I need to speak with them right now," I said my voice shaking in ways Cissy had never heard from me. She could hear how scared I was. She took off ordering Lucius to call my father and mother to the manor. He was slightly reluctant to bother my father but upon seeing me he stopped arguing and called for my parents. My heart continued to pound in my chest while I thought of the things I could no longer do.

"Nat, what's wrong?" She asked me before waving her wand stripping the glamour charm away revealing my true self.

"I'll explain once my parents get here," I muttered. Within a few minutes both my parents had arrived and when they did I could see my father already knew. He could feel the lack of magic inside my body.

"You damaged your magic," he said walking towards me. "It will most likely heal within a few hours Natasha." A single tear slipped down my cheek as I looked down.

"I have spoken with Madam Pomfrey and she said if it hadn't healed by now it most likely won't," I murmured as my mother walked over to me pulling me close to her gently. Tears rushed down my face while I broke down sobbing. "I hate him!" I cried while my mother rubbed my back trying to calm me. "If he hadn't tried to strip my magic I wouldn't have irreversible damage to my magic."

"You are saying that Dumbledore did this baby?" My mother asked still holding me while looking at my father.

"Dumbledore when he attacked and I collapsed. It was because he tried to take my powers and then at Hogwarts I was so emotional my powers lashed out fracturing my already weakened magic," I said angrily. My mother's grip on me tightened slightly while my father's eyes flashed red.

"I promise you we won't let him get away with this. No man not ever Albus Dumbledore can hurt my daughter in the cruelest way possible!" My father roared in anger while my mom winced at my father's tone. Both my mother and I knew my father wouldn't hurt us but we couldn't help the wince. My mother continued to hold me in her arms whispering in my ear.

"Baby. It's going to be okay. I love you magical or not because magic isn't important when it comes to this family. Just look at Cissy as your example," my mother said trying to making me laugh.

"Hey," Cissy whined at my mother who didn't even look over at Cissy and instead continued to look at my tear soaked face. I wiped my cheeks with my hands ignoring the empty feeling I got from my lack of powers.

"I'm going to go lie down for a bit," I said softly as my parents watched me head up to my bedroom. I paused once out of sight listening to my parents talk to each other about me.

"We have to protect her," my mother said softly. "She's defenseless if Dumbledore decided to come for her. She can't save herself like she used to."

"I can't believe he did that to her! She hasn't done anything wrong and yet he saw fit to take her powers!" My father snapped.

"It's a shame she lost her powers. She's a Squib right now and she shouldn't be," my uncle said only for my father to blast him across the room in anger.

"Don't call her that!" My father ordered while my aunt watched my uncle get up slowly.

"I want to yell at the Dark Lord for throwing you across the room but Lucius you kind of deserved that. She's our niece and she needs kindness right now not careless remarks about her being a Squib which isn't true," my aunt said softly. My mother held back a laugh at Lucius trying to get off the floor gracefully.

"Now back to what I was saying. She needs protection absolutely. She was in a room full of death eaters and yet Dumbledore took her easily because he used her fear. If he comes again for her I'm not running. I will fight for this family at all cost," my father said as I decided I didn't want to hear anymore and instead went into my room. I entered the room finding Silvie waiting for me. She wrapped around my arm as if sensing the change within me. I flopped on the bed trying desperately to calm my heartache I felt. I wanted to go back and somehow find a way to stop Dumbledore from taking my magic or at the very least not allow my magic to lash out on its own.

"It's okay mistress. You don't need stupid magic," Silvie said in parseltongue. I was slightly surprised I could still understand Silvie.

"I hope you're right little friend," I replied back also in parseltongue. I curled up on the bed my face buried in the pillow as I shut my eyes. I felt emotionally and physically drained from the events of the past few days and even though I had slept a few hours ago I found myself drifting to sleep.