Ch. 38 To Hogwarts

The next day I woke with Kyle's arms wrapped tightly around my waist. We had taken to staying as close as possible to each other in the days leading up to my Hogwarts departure. A departure I was both excited for and dreading. I had found that with Dumbledore gone and Snape in charge I felt more hopeful at the year ahead. The only downside was being away from everyone including Kyle. Instead of jumping out of bed instantly like my normal routine I decided to lay in Kyle's arms and just look at him. I smiled at Kyle's peaceful face as his chest rose up and down evenly. I could help but picture our future. Our kids would have his gorgeous eyes but hopefully my hair. I knew he'd be a great father I just wasn't sure how great of a mother I'd be given the emotional damage I have yet to fully overcome. A small smile spread across my lips as I continued to gaze at him only stopping when I heard a crack behind me.

"Young Mistress Riddle," a house elf squeaked causing me to sigh and reluctantly get out of bed to face the elf. "Master and Mistress request your presence."

"Thank you Hobs," I said dismissing the elf. I waved my wand changing into my Hogwarts uniform even though I technically didn't need to until the train. I skipped down the stairs stopping in the dining room where surprisingly only my parents sat. "You asked to see me."

"We wanted to explain in greater detail how school will work for you this year," my father said as I took a seat across from them. I could see their eyes lingering on the red and gold tie and the hurt that flashed through their eyes but neither of them said anything about it. I felt guilty about being in Gryffindor but knew logically it wasn't my fault I was in the house I was in.

"I assume it will be almost the same as before just the fact that I won't have to hide from Dumbledore any longer," I said as my mother laughed causing me to glance at her.

"Your father isn't one for subtlety," she said as I looked to my dad for further elaboration.

"The Carrows will be members of the staff," my father said simply. "You are to assist them if they need you to but at the end of the day I trust your judgment completely Natasha. Furthermore, I have gotten Severus to agree to place the hat on your head once more." My eyes light up at the mention of the sorting hat.

"I will actually be allowed to go where I belong," I gasped as my mom wrapped her arm around me.

"We want you to be in the correct house. If that's Gryffindor again, we will," she paused struggling to find the right words to express what she wanted to say. "We will adjust. We just want it to be a true match not a forced one."

"I think it's fairly obvious my heir will go to Slytherin as one of the last descendants of Salazar Slytherin," my father said as my mom sent him a glare.

"Even so if for some reason that doesn't happen you will still have our full support Natasha," my mother said firmly.

"Okay moving on," my father said desperate to avoid the topic of the sorting. I turned my full attention to him again. "I need you to locate the Horcrux in the room of requirement and transfer the part of my soul into another object but don't tell me what you changed it to. It seems Mr. Potter has seen into my mind and I want one to be protected from even myself."

"Of course dad," I said firmly. He smiled at me when Draco rushed into the room with his mother.

"Let's go Cuz or we will be late," Draco said as I stood. Both my parents wrapped me into their arms tightly. I pulled away from them glancing up at the stairs hopefully Kyle will be able to say goodbye. After a few more moments I heard his feet rushing around the halls only slowing when our eyes locked. I flashed him a smile before pressing my lips to his briefly despite my father's grumbling about kissing in front of him. I took a step back gripping Kyle's hand in mine.

"I love you Kyle. I promise to write," I told him as he caressed my cheek softly. "I'll keep you updated on the Hogsmead visits so we can hopefully see each other a bit more often than just breaks," I said as he nodded in agreement. "Plus this ring won't ever leave my finger so I'll have a reminder of who I have waiting for me." Tears pooled in his jade eyes as I walked towards Cissy and Draco. I gave Kyle one last smile before he watched me apperate to the train station with Draco and Cissy. I gave Cissy a quick hug before running after Draco. This year we hadn't needed our luggage because Snape had agreed to take our things to Hogwarts for us. Draco and I sat together in with his Slytherin friends. I found myself touching my tie as I thought about my second sorting.

"You okay Tash?" Draco asked as I looked over at him. 

"Yeah I'm just thinking a bit about something my dad told me before we left. He said I'm getting a second chance at sorting so it's fair this time," I said as Draco smiled.

"That's fantastic. You are a true Slytherin even wearing the hideous robes you are at the moment," Draco said as I laughed.

"I'm excited for a normal year. I finally don't have to worry about Dumbledore ruining my school year," I said firmly before gazing out the window watching the scenery outside.

"This year is going to be epic that's for sure," Draco said as he turned to converse with some of our friends leaving me to my thoughts.