Ch. 44 Conversation

He nodded motioning for me to continue. I looked at him and watched as he glanced me over. His face filled with worry as he saw through the makeup hiding my dark circles.

"I think the Carrows are under the Imperious curse," I said softly. "Not only are they attacking students which was bad enough but they attacked me as well. I got Professor McGonagall to let me handle it but I wanted to ask you if I can try and break the curse."

"You don't need to ask. I trust you completely," he said as I smiled at him. "After all you successfully hid a piece of my soul willingly." I smiled at his statement loving that he trusted me so completely.

"Okay. I may have to use the curse myself to regain control over them," I said simply.

"Whatever it takes," he said stepping around his desk to take my hand. "Now we have a party to get to before I have to try and explain what took so long to your mother." I laughed as he shot me a playful glare apperating us into the ballroom.

"Good evening everyone," my father's voice boomed out as we both stood side by side looking at the crowd that had gathered. "Welcome and enjoy the party for tomorrow we get back to work but for now relax." He said before leading me through the room. He flashed my mother a hesitant smile as she glared at him.

"Mom. It was my fault," I told her quickly. "I was talking to him about the thing." I said not wanting to say what exactly in a room full of people.

"Fine," she said taking my father's arm gently. I smiled as her as she reached up stroking my cheek with her free hand. Her hand dropped as she turned her gaze to someone behind me.

"Miss Riddle," Snape's cool voice said from behind me. I spun towards him with a smirk.

"Headmaster," I said as he sighed.

"It's Severus seeing as we aren't at school right now," he said as I nodded.

"In that case call me Natasha," I said simply. While Snape was irritating at times I found that he was quite trustworthy.

"If you wish," he said as my parents watched our interaction. "I take it you informed your parents about the things happening at Hogwarts."

"Yes. Don't worry it's all under control," I said softly. "Did Minerva come with you?" I asked hopefully. I wanted her to feel like a part of our death eater family but wasn't sure she ever would. She was one of few order members I trusted with everything.

"No but she was just outside in the garden in Tabby form per usual," he said as my smile grew.

"If you will excuse me I should go greet her," I said heading towards the exit only for Kyle to step in front of me.

"Hey," He said as I looked into his eyes.

"Hi," I said pressing my lips to his. "I have to head outside to meet someone." I paused before deciding Kyle should join me. "Come with me." He offered me his hand which I gripped instantly. I led him outside and over towards the Tabby cat. I sat beside her when she didn't transform stroking her fur. "Minerva." I said with a smile. "Glad you came." Within a few moments she transformed into human form.

"Hello Natasha, I wouldn't miss seeing you if I can help it," she said as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm not sure if I introduced you to Kyle before but Minerva this is Kyle, my fiancé," I said with a grin as her eyes drifted over to him.

"That was fast," she said to me after shaking Kyle's hand.

"Yes well it was quicker than normal due to our magical emotional bond with each other," I said unable to suppress my emotions as I looked at Kyle.

"You have a bond!" She gasped looking at me with shock. "That is extremely rare and to even have one you must be a powerful witch. Only the strong develop bonds." I smirked at her statement.

"On top of the bond I never felt so connected to anyone in my life. Kyle would do anything for me just as I would for him. I love him with everything I have," I said firmly as Kyle's arm wrapped around my waist pulling me against his body.

"I am so happy for you Natasha. You deserved to find someone after everything Dumbledore put you through," she said with warmth in her eyes. "Unfortunately I need to head back to the school. I only planned to be gone a few moments. Happy holidays Natasha."

"Thank you for coming. Have a good rest of the break. I'll see you soon," I told her giving her a quick embrace before she apperated away. I looked at Kyle before explaining why I was talking to Minerva. "She's like a second mother to me. She cares for me and helped me out. She's on my side."

"I could feel how much you love her Tasha," Kyle said kissing my forehead. "Should we stay here or rejoin the party?"

"I want to stay here but we both know what my mother would do to us," I said with a laugh. He sighed but took my hand walking towards the house. We stepped inside and I found myself looking around the room. A small grin on my face as I looked towards my parents who stood together laughing and happy. I felt peace and while I knew it couldn't last I gave into the feeling to enjoy the few moments of peace I could get before the war looming in the coming weeks. In this moment, everything was perfect.