2 | a bunch of idiots

"Octavia!" Jovie shouted, running after her friend. Octavia whipped around and a giant smile formed on her face as she saw her ex-cell mate and best friend approaching.

"Jo!" she said, breaking away from her brother's side to meet Jovie. The two girls embraced in a hug, laughing a bit when they almost fell over from the impact. "I didn't think I would see you again after they put you in solitary."

"Yeah, well, you know me. I'm not that easy to get rid of," Jovie joked casually. When she backed out of the hug, she noticed that Bellamy was staring at them from a distance. He looked like he was trying to figure something out, but she didn't know what. "So, how'd he even get on the drop ship with us?"

"Who?" Octavia asked.

"Your brother," Jovie clarified. He was older than the rest of them and wasn't a prisoner, so he had to have done something to get here. She doubted the Ark would just let him walk on.

"Don't know," Octavia shrugged. "I'm just glad he's here." Jovie nodded, understanding what that was like. It was when she heard arguing that maybe she spoke too soon. She looked back over to where Clarke and Wells were with Bellamy to see that her brother and a few of his "followers" were making their presence known.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us," Murphy (as they had been referring to him as) said.

"Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are," Wells said, hunched over a map. Jovie leaned over him to see what he was staring at. It was a map of the ground and she wondered how accurate it was.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Bellamy said dryly. Even Jovie could see the frustration across Wells' face. Everyone hated him for being the Chancellor's son. He was just trying to help them survive.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority," he pushed, trying to get them to listen. Clearly bringing up his father was not the best call though because everyone's faces turned angry.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little Princess?" Octavia scoffed, casting an accusing glare at the boy and Clarke. Clarke's face was filled with the same frustration as Wells' before she snapped.

"Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay?" Clarke said. It was evident that she was meant to lead. Usually Jovie would find this annoying because she hated authority figures, but there was something in Clarke that she found herself listening to. "So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change," Bellamy said, crossing his arms over his chest, most likely in a way to show that he was going to be the one in charge.

"You're not listening. We all need to go!" Wells argued, looking around at each of them in a desperate way to get them to understand what was going on.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth," Murphy suddenly said. Jovie sighed as her brother entered the conversation. They were very similar in the fact that they were hot-headed and angry, but Jovie knew when to shut up, unlike her brother. She could be reckless and impulsive, but John was just on a whole different level.

"Think that's funny?" Wells said. Yes, she knew her brother did find it funny. Suddenly, they were on the ground fighting and Jovie rolled her eyes.

"Great, I'm stuck on the ground with a bunch of idiots," she said to herself. "Hey, knock it off!" She tried to reach for Murphy, but a hand stopped her. She looked over to find Bellamy's hand around her wrist, preventing her from trying to stop her brother. "Don't touch me," she said, yanking her arm out of his grip. His face remained stoic as the blonde snapped at him. She didn't need him telling her what to do and the sooner he learned that, the better.

Suddenly, the boy that was floating from the drop ship jumped down out of nowhere and stood between the boys.

"Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?" he pointed out.

"Hey, Spacewalker, rescue me next," Octavia joked, making the boy smile and a few people snicker. Jovie rolled her eyes. They didn't have time for this bullshit, especially if what Clarke and Wells were saying was true.

"Are you sure you're right about this?" Jovie asked, wanting to make sure they knew what they were talking about before anyone took any kind of action. Clarke looked over and stared at the girl for a second, probably trying to figure out who she was.

"Yeah, we're sure," Wells answered for the two of them. "What's your name?" He asked, looking just as confused as Clarke was.

"Jovie. Jovie Murphy," she said. Wells frowned, clearly recognizing her last name. "Yeah, John's my brother. You'd think he'd have more social skills than I do, considering I'm the one they made hide under the floor, but I think he was dropped on his head as a baby." Her sarcastic comment made him lighten up a bit, realizing Jovie wasn't here to continue her brother's torment but rather to try to help.

"So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Spacewalker chipped in, approaching the three of them.

"Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food," Clarke stated in a determined voice.

"How are the two of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells pointed out. Spacewalker turned around and grabbed the two boys that were seated next to Jovie on the drop ship, dragging them over to join.

"Four of us. Can we go now?" He said, looking at Clarke for approval.

"I'm coming too," Jovie added. She wasn't going to just sit back and wait for her food to come to her. She fought her entire life to provide for herself, so she was just continuing to do the same today. Besides, she couldn't imagine just being stuck here while the others went out to explore the ground.

"Sounds like a party. Make it six," Octavia said, bumping her arm into Jovie's with a smile.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy said, grabbing his sister's arm.

"Going for a walk," Octavia replied simply. She was staring at him with a look in her eyes, as if she was trying to test him. He clearly didn't approve of her going out on this journey to Mount Weather, but he didn't say anything about it either.

"Hey, were you trying to take this off?" Clarke asked Spacewalker about his wristband.

"Yeah. So?"

"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to The Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead," she retorted. Her parents were well-known on The Ark, so clearly she knew a lot more than everyone else.

"Should I care?"

"Well, I don't know. Do you want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying," Clarke replied.

Jovie looked down at her own wristband and frowned. There was no one up there that would care if she died. Both her parents were dead and the Ark imprisoned her for being alive. She really doubted it would matter if she took hers off.