5 | ray of sunshine

As Clarke ventured off to get ready for the trip to save Jasper, Jovie walked over to where Octavia was with Bellamy. Octavia smiled when she saw her friend approaching, but that smile quickly dropped when Bellamy started cleaning her wound.

"Hey, you okay?" Jovie asked, leaning down to get a better look at Octavia's leg.

"Just peachy," she groaned as Bellamy gently dabbed at the wound.

"We're going to find Jasper," Jovie announced. The two Blake's looked over at her. Octavia's face filled with hope while Bellamy's was filled with doubt.

"You said he was attacked and then they took him," Bellamy reminded her. "How do you think you're going to find him?"

"We'll follow his trail," she said simply. Bellamy rolled his eyes, standing up so that he was now towering over her.

"No one is leaving this camp," he ordered.

"Oh, I'm sorry, maybe you didn't hear me because your head is shoved so far up your ass. We're going to find Jasper whether you like it or not," Jovie snapped. "Now you either come with us or get the hell out of my way." Her eyes were locked on his and she did not waver. He was trying to intimidate her, but she wasn't scared of him. She's seen much worse than Bellamy Blake.

"Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine?" Bellamy said sarcastically.

"That's my sister for you," Murphy said as he approached. "Jovie, you're not going." Jovie finally broke eye contact with Bellamy when she heard her brother, moving her glare over to him.

"I don't take orders from you, John," she spit out, moving her gaze back to Bellamy once more. "Or from you." It was obvious the blonde was getting on Bellamy's nerves, but she wouldn't back down. In fact, he would never admit it but he even found himself admiring how bold she was. She was certainly not a follower but rather a leader. Anyone could see that. "The longer we wait to try to find him, the harder it's going to be!"

"Bellamy, she's right," Octavia piped in. Bellamy looked over at his sister and frowned.

"You could have been killed," he said.

"She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out," Clarke told him as she and Wells approached.

"You guys leaving? I'm coming, too," Octavia said. She went to move to stand up, but Bellamy quickly stopped her.

"No, no. No way. Not again," he said. Before she could argue, Clarke jumped in to agree with him.

"He's right. Your leg's just gonna slow us down," she said. She turned her attention to Bellamy. "I'm here for you." Bellamy looked over at Clarke, curious to what she could possibly want from him. "I hear you have a gun." Bellamy didn't respond, but just lifted his shirt to show off the gun that was tucked into his waistband. "Good. Follow me."

"And why would I do that?" Bellamy asked.

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared," Clarke said quietly. Jovie smirked as the other blonde called Bellamy out. He thought about what she said for a brief second before she was already off, Wells moving quickly behind her.

"Guess the King isn't so brave after all," Jovie mocked him. He glared at her.

"Don't expect me to save your ass when you end up doing something stupid," Bellamy said.

"Trust me, I won't count on it," she said before running after Clarke and Wells, leaving Bellamy and Murphy behind.

"Those guys aren't just bullies, Clarke. They're dangerous criminals," Wells said quietly to Clarke. Jovie looked at Wells and frowned. The three of them had become criminals for stupid things, but he was right about the others. Her brother was arrested for burning down the quarters of the officer who had arrested their father and Jovie. Bellamy wasn't arrested technically, but he was dangerous and he had to have done something bad to be down here with them.