17 | no different

Octavia was the first one to reach Bellamy. And she did not look happy.

"The hell are you doing?" She snapped.

"It's time to get some answers," her brother replied casually, like they weren't just dragging a man around like he was a ragdoll.

"Oh, you mean revenge?" Octavia said.

"I mean intel," Bellamy said. "Get him upstairs."

"Bellamy, she's right," Clarke said. "This is not who we are."

"It is now," he said before following the others upstairs with the Grounder. Jovie just stared at the spot where the man once was, trying to figure out what to do. She wanted to help Finn, but she also wanted to help the Grounder. He was on his own here and she was afraid of what Bellamy and the others would do to him.

"Jovie?" Clarke said. She turned around and made eye contact with Clarke. It was almost as if she knew what was going on inside Jovie's head because she gave her a simple nod. "Go. Raven will help me with Finn."

She cast one last look at Finn before climbing up the ladder to see what was going on with the Grounder. When she saw that he was already tied up and bloody, she found herself getting heated.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She snapped.

"Jo, go back down," Bellamy told her. She shook her head and marched up to him.

"No," she said sternly. He should know by now that she was not going to be told what to do. "I want to know what you're going to do."

"Whatever I have to do to get some answers," Bellamy said.

"This isn't the way," she said, pointing to the man that was tied up like he was just an animal.

"Why would you even want to help him? One of his kind attacked you," Bellamy reminded her as if she had forgotten. The pain in her ribs and leg certainly did not make her forget. But she also didn't forget what the man they were holding captive did too. Besides, she attacked first.

"He's the one that saved my life," she confessed. "He could have just let that other Grounder kill me but he didn't." Bellamy stared down at her. She had such a fire in her eyes. It was as intimidating as it was admirable. She never backed down from a fight. But this was one that he couldn't afford to let her win.

"He was protecting me too," Octavia said, stepping forward to stand next to Jovie. The two of them were challenging Bellamy, but he clearly wasn't having it.

"I don't care," he said dryly before pushing past them.

"Bell, stop!" Jovie pleaded, reaching forward to grab his arm.

"Someone get them out of here!" Bellamy ordered. Jovie turned to see Miller approaching her and she immediately glared at him.

"Miller, you touch me and I promise you I will be the last thing you touch," she growled. He slowed down and looked over at Bellamy for guidance. People got nervous when they were around Murphy, but they got afraid when they around Jovie. It was probably because John made threats while Jovie made promises. Bellamy rolled his eyes and walked over, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her towards the hatch as one of the other guys did the same to Octavia.

"Can't you listen for once in your damn life?" Bellamy said sternly to Jovie. She yanked her arm out of his grip.

"Not if it means letting you torture another human being," she spat.

"Jovie, we need you down here!" She heard Raven call from down below. Jovie didn't want to leave knowing what they were going to do to the Grounder, but she also didn't want Finn to die. So in the end, she chose the latter. Before she could make her way down, she looked back over to Bellamy.