Part 2

Thefollowing day, I watched Jenna read my story while I made coffee. Shewas right, I did enjoy putting my account into words. It was excitingand surprisingly calming as well. Memories of Aiden were now floodingmy mind. Our smiles, our fights, his touch, his smell...

"Lovedit!" she said, bringing me back to our living room. "I amthe first person to vote," she said, pressing down on thekeyboard.

"Youare too sweet to tell me I suck."

"No.You know that's not true. I can't wait to read more of your story. Ihave never heard you talk about Aiden. All I knew so far was that hewas your high school boyfriend. Now I get the whole story. Wait...how much of it is fiction?"

"Sofar, none of it. Only the names are fictional, except for Aiden's.For some reason, I cannot imagine him with any other name," Isaid, drifting back into memories.

"Roseby any other name would smell as sweet," Jenna said, quotingShakespeare.

"Butcould you imagine rose going by some other name?" I quipped.

"Pointtaken," she paused before saying, "But you could changeyour name?"

"Iwill remain myself even if my name changes... But I did not want himto be like someone else. I do not want to change anything about him."

"Hmm...."

"Whatwas that for?" I asked her, stretching my legs to rest on thecoffee table.

"Youdo not want him to be like anyone else? See where this is going? Ithought you might write about Andrew or the other guy - your collegeboyfriend. Why did you choose to write about Aiden?"

Iblanked out for a few seconds. "I don't know why...."

"Yousee, it's already working. Bringing out your innermost feelings,"Jenna said, getting out of the chair and heading to the bathroom.

"Whereare you going?" I asked, checking time.

"Outfor lunch with my dad. He is in town for a couple of days. I told youabout that last week, remember?"

"Ohshoot! I forgot." I said, wondering what I would do with anafternoon all by myself.

Jennaleft asking me to get off my butt, go shopping, or out for lunch, butI sat stuck to the sofa like a wet towel on a bed.

Manythings related to my story were going through my mind, but I wasunsure where to begin. I took a break from my thoughts and opened mylaptop to check messages. After going through my notes, I decided tocook. I picked out mushrooms and celery to prepare soup and picked upa knife to chop when it reminded me of something. Putting away theknife, I quickly opened my laptop and began typing.

Emma'sgiggles soon disappeared when she heard Chloe and Sarah's followingstatement, "Wow! That guy moved on fast."

"Whatdo you mean moved on?... Fast?" she asked, confused.

"Heand his girlfriend broke up this summer. It's barely been a month."

"Why?Who was his girlfriend?" Emma asked, not sure if she wanted tohear the answer.

"Itwas Veronica. She is a senior. The rumor is that she was not ready togive him what he wanted. You know.." Chloe said, raising hereyebrows.

Emmafelt her heartbeat go haywire, but she did not know why. She barelyknew him, but for some reason, she felt heartbroken, betrayed.Talking to him felt so easy and comfortable. She could not imaginehim demanding something. Why was she thinking all of this? It wasjust one ride which meant nothing, she thought, and decided to pushaway all his thoughts.