Part 19

'He helped me clean up my room. Box a few of my memorable possessions and put up a few for yard sale, that's all.' I had returned early that day and when I told Jenna about running into Aiden at the parking lot, she wanted a detailed account of what happened. 

'What about the game? He came to help you so he could take you out to watch the game right?' Jenna sat at the kitchen island with her face perched on her open palms. She had twinkle in her eyes like a 5 year old receiving Halloween candy.

'Oh yes... after that we went to watch the game and then he dropped me home and he left. The next day he turned up to help with the yard sale. I did not invite him. He just turned up,' I said throwing my arms up in air.

'Okay. And then what happened?'

'And then nothing. He helped and he left. That's all there is to it.' I said throwing my weight onto the sofa.

'Did he say why he left the other day?'

'Nothing detailed. Just that something came up and he had to leave.' I said with a slight impatience. For some reason I did not want to think or talk about Aiden. It must have been the fear that I would experience the same emotions that I had when I wrote about him. 

She was thoughtful for sometime before she said, 'Don't you find it weird that you wrote about meeting him again and he came back into your life. Then there was a mention of going to the game with him and you actually went to a game with him.'

'It's just pure coincidence...that's all there is to it. He said he has been in the city for about 6 months now so it was just a coincidence that we ran into each other.' I stood up to straighten my dress. I was ready for a date, waiting for Liam.

'But it's weird. What did you guys do at the yard sale?' Jenna continued questioning completely  clueless (or acting dumb) about the fact  that I was avoiding the details.

'Nothing. He helped out and I don't know why he was so curt the other day but what he did the last 2 days was what old Aiden would have done. He was a huge help to me and my parents. And are you done with the interrogation?'

'No. I want a more detailed account.'

'Liam is going to be here any minute now.'

'That guy seems obsessed with you. You returned today. Couldn't he wait until the weekend to take you out to dinner?'

'He is a good boyfriend and you are the one who is obsessed with the fact that I ran into Aiden.'

'I just want to know everything and Liam is stealing you away from me.'

The doorbell rang so I turned around and said, 'Look at it this way, you finally get to meet my boyfriend.'

Liam gave me a kiss as he entered. 'You must be Jenna' he said as he spotted Jenna sitting smiling at the kitchen island.

'Hi! said Jenna. I looked at her with furrowed brows since could sense surprise in her voice and I did not know the reason.

'I have heard so much about you from Eva,' said Liam heading over to talk to her as I picked up my purse and keys.

'Same here, rather I should say she could write a novel about you.' She winked at me with a mischievous smile completely missing out my cold hard stare.

'That's good to know.' Liam was suddenly filling up with joy like a balloon getting air pumped into it.

This meeting was making me very uncomfortable. I wanted to get out as soon as possible but Liam was suddenly very interested to know what I had talked about him (ignorant to the fact that I had written about him and shared it with the world and not just Jenna).