Part 29

'Jenna!' I exclaimed staggering back to my feet. 'What are you doing home?'

'Umm... We did go out but then...we had to come back.' This was the first time I had seen Jenna struggle expressing herself. She looked at me and Liam cautiously well aware of the cakehole I was walking into.

I looked at Nick and Aiden sitting beside her on the sofa. Jenna paused the movie that was playing on the TV.

'Ok then,' I said turning on my heels and grabbing Liam's arm, 'Lets get out of here.'

'Let's at-least say hello,' he said walking in ignoring that I had turned around.

I slowly followed him as he said, 'Nick right?' and extended his hand in Nick's direction.

Nick leaned forward and shook his hand.

Next he introduced himself to Aiden. Aiden gave him an acknowledgment smile and introduced himself but not once did he look at me. When they shook hands casually I thought I would have gone into an anxiety attack.

'He set up Jenna and Nick,' I said trying to sound as calm as possible.

'Ahh... okay. A drink that we missed at the party that day, may be we could make up for it now,' Liam said looking back at me.

I nodded and went to the kitchen to get us some drinks. I asked everyone what they wanted as I entered the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.

'Need some help?' Aiden asked following me inside as he stood beside the refrigerator.

'What are you doing?' I panicked as I shut the door a little too hard and asked him in a whisper.

'Helping you,' he replied calmly.

'Fine, take these.' I handed him 4 bottles as I picked up a bottle and an opener myself. I avoided eye contact while Aiden watched me.

Jenna, Nick and Liam had continued to chat outside. Liam had made himself comfortable on a chair next to the couch.

Aiden handed everyone their drink and sat down beside Nick on the couch. Nick had his arm around Jenna as she sat nuzzled next to him. I sat leaning on the arm of Liam's chair.

Trying to act normal I asked Jenna, 'So what happened? Weren't you guys supposed to be out tonight?'

'Yeah...We went out for dinner but then we decided to spend the night watching Star wars series so we came back. Thank god you came in and saved me from this.' Jenna said pointing at the screen where the picture of Yoda stood frozen.

I looked at the screen and laughed as I said, ' You are on your own here Jenna, I love Star wars and especially Yoda. He is such an adorable character.'

'That's my girl!' exclaimed Liam putting his arm around me and pulling me towards him.

I glanced at Aiden. This was not what I wanted to do in front of him. He silently took a sip from the bottle without looking at us.

Jenna caught me stealing a glance and asked Liam while giving me a side ways glance, 'So what did you guys do today.'

No no no no....my mind screamed. This innocent looking question had a possibility of causing catastrophic consequence.

'Let's watch...' I began by grabbing the remote to play the movie hoping Yoda would save me from this. But Liam responded at the same time, 'Took her out to skate.'

Aiden looked up with a jerk and said, 'Eva doesn't skate.'

I could not feel my face.

'Yes she does....we went skating all the time back in collage,' Liam replied and then it hit him. He asked with a surprise. 'Wait... What do you mean she doesn't skate?'