Chapter Seven- Nameless Numbers

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS(: i LOVE the comments, votes, FANS! AHH! I'm screaming! (: The comments are so sweet!

I'm dedicating this chapter to the maker of this amazzzinngg cover, DoddleNinja! She's an amazing cover artist.

Since yall were just so amazing, I decided to push my homework aside and finish the chapter for you guys(: (Oh and the fact that it reached 1000 views, um heck to the yes(; )

Please, comment and vote if you enjoyed it!! And if you want me to update sooner(:

ENJOY<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven- Nameless Numbers

Ryder Johnson

“Sorry I’m late.” I said; a cool expression on my face as I sat down onto one of the plush chairs. “Got held up.”  The tall, lean man sitting across from me wore a designer suit as he peered at me. 

“You know I don’t like waiting.” Forcing my expression to stay mutual, I respond, my face nonchalant.

“Of course I do.” I say, mentally cursing when I was unable to mask the sarcasm that oozed out of my statement. His black eyes harden.

“Careful.” He warns quietly, his dark eyes still on mine. “You know the consequences.” Inhaling sharply, I clench my jaw and don’t respond. A slight pleased expression then forms on his face. I know that he won’t let it go like I want him to. 

“Or should I remind you what happened last time you didn’t listen to my orders?” He asks, his voice rising slightly. A smirk appears on his face. It’s as evil as the glint in his eyes. Taking one deep breath, I force myself to not react in a way that he wants me to.

“I’ve learned my lesson.” I say through my teeth, hoping that my anger didn’t show through. Apparently, it doesn’t. 

He stared at me for a second before changing his expression to one of indifference as he clasped his hands together on the table in front of him. Suddenly, he smiles at me. It isn’t hard to tell that it’s fake—especially with that glint still in his eyes.

“We wouldn’t want to repeat what happened to dear Faith, do we?” His smile widens evilly. I feel my mind flash back to the past. My name being called. A gunshot resonating so much louder than the others. And the rest was history.

“No.” I mustered. “There won’t be a next time.” His evil smile modifies into a pleased look.

“Good.” He waves at one of his body guards. Like a robot, a big man walks up to him, setting down files onto the table in front of him. “Let’s get down to business.”

***

Once I’m at the steps of Cole’s apartment building, I let out an exasperated sigh. I take a quick glance behind me, just to make sure. Good, I think. I lost them. Hitching my backpack higher up my shoulder, I ring for Cole. 

“Hel—,”

“Just let me up.” I said, irritated. He laughs, unaffected by my mood.

“Only you, Ryder. Only you.” Then I heard the shifting of the door lock, letting me into the apartment complex. I knocked on his door, surprised to find it completely unlocked.

“Cole?” I said, looking from side to side. Scrunching my eyebrows together, I took a quick glance around his living room.

“Hey, one sec!” He yelled, seemingly from another room. Shrugging it off, I situate myself, flinging my shoes off my feet and setting my backpack on the counter before I slumped onto Cole’s almost-too-comfortable couch. I lean my head back, closing my eyes.