𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝚆𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚎。

The storm was still raging outside when they laid down in the tatamis, forming a circle where they had moved tables. Donghyuck looked absolutely wrecked, and Mark looked no better. "Please tell me you cleaned up." Renjun said without looking up from making his tatami and moving it a little closer to mine.

We used to have sleepovers all the time where Renjun would sleep next to me and he'd always, always wake me up with a kiss on the forehead.

At the time I thought it was just him being nice.

"This is okay right?" Renjun asked, seeing me look at him. I nodded before steeling my nerves and asking him something.

"Can you wake me up the way you used to?"

"With a kiss on the forehead?" Renjun looked surprised, but when I nodded shyly he smiled widely.

"Of course I will Nana. I'll even kiss your forehead goodnight." Renjun beamed, and I noticed Jeno still had his tatami a good bit away from everyone else's.

Renjun realised what I wanted and beckoned Jeno over, the boy awkwardly standing over us. "Come join," Renjun said. "Jaemin and I both like cuddles, though I'll be the middle." We shifted as Jeno came over, and he smiled softly.

"Thank you."

"Of course."

The sounds of everyone else settling in eventually faded, and Renjun was finally drifting off to sleep when Chenle spoke.

"Will we know other tomorrow?" Chenle asked, and Jisung made a soft noise.

"He asked if we're going to know each other tomorrow. What do you mean?"

"When we come in, will we stop and say hi to each other or will we pretend not to know each other and keep going like this meant nothing to us?" Chenle asked, and Renjun frowned deeply.

"He asked if we're going to stop and say hello in the hallways and show we know each other or do nothing like this meant nothing."

"I'd say hello," Jeno said, and Renjun raised an eyebrow at the younger boy.

"Even around Jaehyun?"

"Well I'm going to turn him in," Jeno responded. "Even if that means I get arrested as well."

Donghyuck smiled a little at that and looked at Jeno. "You'd probably love to meet his parents. They'd like you."

"Really?"

"Really. And I can go to the police and say I got this information. Don't worry."

"Getting the life fucked out of you really changes you," Jisung muttered, and Donghyuck looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I wasn't the one getting fucked." That was all it took for everyone's head to whip to Mark, who was already asleep with one hand visibly holding Donghyuck's shirt softly. "Yes, he was indeed the one getting fucked. There was no one else in there, of course it was him."

"Be quiet and cuddle me," Mark breathed, and Donghyuck giggled.

"My princess calls." He immediately pulled Mark closer and pecked his forehead, making Mark's eyes crack open a little then close them again.

"You know, the past we didn't hear but I really wanted to was Mark's," Renjun mused. Jisung looked up and pressed his lips in a thin line.

"His isn't happy either." Donghyuck looked interested, but Jisung stopped at that.

"You can't just say that," Donghyuck whined, and Jisung sighed.

"It's not my story to tell Donghyuck. If you want you can wake him up and have him tell you."

Donghyuck looked at the peacefully sleeping boy and smiled softly, running his fingers through Mark's dark locks. "He'll tell me when he's ready."

A strange sort of calm settled over the group, and on a whim, Donghyuck took out his phone and typed in Mark's name.

To his surprise, newspaper clippings popped up. Using his limited English, he quickly deciphered that Mark's parents had been in a car crash when he was five, then he was sent to Korea to live with his aunt.

When his aunt failed to pass her drug test the third time, Mark was taken out and put into another home - where he acted out and caused problems, making the people give him back to the system.

From what Donghyuck could tell, this cycle had continued for a long time, but now Mark was legal. Did he have somewhere safe to live? Donghyuck had an extra apartment in Seoul he used when he was bored of his other apartment - Mark could live there.

Looking down at Mark, Donghyuck pressed another kiss to his head and smiled softly. What a beautiful soul. Was Donghyuck's last thought before scumming to sleep.

Jisung and Chenle were already knocked out, cuddled together with Chenle almost on top of Jisung, but at the most awkward angle.

Jeno had fallen asleep, leaving me and Renjun awake. Wordlessly, Renjun held out his arms and I gently moved into them, the familiar smell of fresh bread and spices washing over me.

"I missed you," he whispered, and I nodded sleepily.

"I missed you too."

"Oh my god!" Is what woke everyone up the next day, and they saw a frantic Jungwoo staring at them, his giant rain jacket soaked. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I knew I was forgetting something, how could I forget seven children?"

Mark groaned and snuggled closer to Donghyuck, trying to block out the light. Almost immediately, Donghyuck wrapped his arms protectively around the older boy and sighed. What was he so cute for?

I found myself burying my face in Renjun's chest while Jeno's head was buried in the crook of his neck, making Renjun a brilliant red, stuttering mess.

Chenle and Jisung, somehow they were still knocked out.

Jungwoo ran out and brought back in Dongyoung, apologising over and over again, and Dongyoung sighed before clapping his hands, startling everyone awake.

"You don't have to go to school today. Your detentions will be expunged from your records, and you will be expected to be back at school tomorrow. Your teachers will be informed. Now Jungwoo, a word?"

"Don't get him in trouble," Donghyuck said, standing up and gathering his and Mark's things, Mark clinging onto him. "He didn't do anything wrong."

"He's really nice," Jisung said, finally awake and waking up Chenle via tickles. The piercing laugh of the Chinese boy echoed through the library, and Chenle looked at Jisung with mirth.

"Meanie!" They grabbed their stuff and ran out, leaving the three.

"You should probably thank Jungwoo. I doubt you'll be seeing many more problems from us - or other students in fact." Renjun said, and Dongyoung nodded as they walked out of the school amongst whispers.

When they got out, the other four were waiting, smiling. "Let's hang out today." Jisung said, and everyone nodded.

"To my house!" Donghyuck cheered, and we followed. And I smiled.

A happy ending?