𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙸𝚗 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝。

"Taeyong?" The name hung in the air like a saturnine weight, and Jeno forced himself to nod. "What about him?"

"I killed him."

"What? Jeno, my cousin slit his wrists and bled out in the tub." Donghyuck's voice broke as he said that, and Jeno began to shake.

"It was Jaehyun's idea to toy with him before. I thought they really liked each other, I really did, but Jaehyun had me start leaving notes on his locker and in them. Only later did I find out they were threats, blackmail, insults, everything. I didn't mean to, I didn't want to, but I delivered the letter on the last day."

Everyone knew about that letter. The letter that had sprayed red confetti and was written in red blood, saying to kill himself. And Taeyong did.

Unreadable emotions flashed over Donghyuck's face, but the prominent one that emerged was undiluted pain and rage. "Why did you keep doing it?"

"Jaehyun threatened to tell my dad," Jeno whispered, not looking at Donghyuck. "My dad can't know I'm gay, he's conservative and he's a cop and I'm terrified if he knows he'll throw me in jail - which he did to my brother, saying he was abusing us when it was him and my brother died in there. He died. He died because he was himself in front of my parents, he brought home his boyfriend."

"That's terrifying," Jisung whispered. "Why would be know?"

"I kissed Taeyong," Jeno said, sighing. There, he'd said it. "I had a crush on him for a while - surprise surprise, I had a crush on him. How could I not? I kissed him and Jaehyun saw. He threatened me."

"So you took my cousin's life?" Donghyuck asked, deadly and quiet. "How could you?" His voice rose, and he stood up and kicked Jeno in the stomach, hard. "How could you do this to him? He wanted to be a doctor! He wanted to help people!" Donghyuck was kicking, punching, and Mark tried to hold him back.

Jeno just took it. He took the broken nose, bruised lip, bruised stomach, everything. He took it.

Donghyuck didn't stop until Jisung joined, helping hold the smaller boy back and Renjun knelt next to Jeno, who only made a soft noise of pain when Renjun touched the bruising mark on his temple.

Once he saw what he'd done, Donghyuck dissolved into sobs, and Mark led him away to another part of the library while Chenle raced away to his backpack, grabbing a first aid kit and bringing it over.

"Jeno?" Renjun asked, gently turning the boy so that Jeno's head was on his lap. The boy was now knocked out cold, and Renjun sighed as I came over cautiously. Gently I pulled out a tissue and dabbed the blood away from his nose, Chenle coming back with the kit.

Sighing, Renjun looked up at me. "Maybe he's not that bad."

"He never was," I whispered back.

Mark looked at Donghyuck, concerned at the boy's shaking breath. "Donghyuck?"

"What?" Donghyuck asked, shrinking within himself. Wordlessly, Mark pulled Donghyuck into his arms, letting the boy break down into desperate sobs.

Mark sat down, Donghyuck on his lap, taking deep breaths in hopes they'd help the younger boy calm down.

Mark smelled like watermelon and faintly of cologne, trace amounts of weed mixed in. It was strangely comforting in the weirdest way, but Donghyuck was happy to be in his arms.

Mark had been Donghyuck's crush for almost a year, almost a year of his biting comments and angry eyes. Something inside of him turned to mush when he saw Mark, and he didn't quite like it.