𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎。

Wednesday morning came like a hurricane over the school. What had happened to make Mark Lee wear an orange sweatshirt and ripped jeans, and Donghyuck to wear Mark's leather jacket? Granted, Mark still had dark makeup and piercings and smelled of watermelon smoke, but something had shifted.

Everyone got the answer to that when Donghyuck pressed a kiss to Mark's cheek, giggling as Mark held the jacket paws that Hyuck had placed on his cheek and pulled him into a kiss right in the middle of the hallway. Immediately there were whispers flying, wondering what had happened to make the two boys even look at each other, much less kiss.

"Hyuck, are you really kidding Mark Lee?" Koeun, one of the cheerleaders asked, looking disgusted.

"Yes? Of course I'd kiss my boyfriend." Donghyuck responded, frowning. "I see no reason not to."

"You're dating him?" She asked, frowning.

"Yes," Hyuck grinned, taking his hand out of the leather jacket to lace his fingers with Mark's. "And I could care less about your judgement, because you're irrelevant in the grand scheme of things." Whispers of burn and roasted made Hyuck beam, and Mark hid his flaming red face.

"He's cute isn't he," Donghyuck cooed. "Also! If I hear anyone talking smack you best believe my fist will go down your throat and punch you a new asshole!" Donghyuck held up his fist, and flared at Koeun. "Starting with you twig bitch. You don't think your fake nose will stop me do you? Or maybe your plastic boobs will stop me?"

Koeun was left speechless, and Donghyuck shrugged as he walked away, dragging Mark behind him. "What was -"

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to tell her that." Donghyuck sighed, sagging against the wall and grinning mischievously. Mark was still in shock that one, as soon as he'd come in, Donghyuck had laced his hand with Mark's and grinned, leaning his head on his shoulder and telling him he looked cute. And two, he'd just made Koeun a social pariah for looking at him with disgust.

"You're -"

"Insane? Moody? You don't want to be around me anymore?"

"Perfect Hyuckie, you're perfect." Mark laughed, and Donghyuck smiled widely. He'd never been called perfect by someone who mattered so much to him.

"Thank you baby," Donghyuck said, pecking Mark's lips. Mark laced his hand in Donghyuck's hair and pulled him in for another kiss, his back against the lockers as Donghyuck happily kissed him until they heard someone say ew.

"Public affection is so disgusting," Jisung joked as he hung over Chenle's shoulders, his chin on his head. Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck pulled away from Mark and looked at the two.

"What is it?"

"Jaehyun was arrested last night," Jisung said, Chenle nodding. "Baby you're jolting my head."

"Sorry," Chenle said, frowning. "But he is gone."

"And Jeno?" Hyuck asked nervously. He hadn't mentioned Jeno at all, but Jaehyun might have.

"I'm here," Jeno suddenly said, holding something. "What's up?"

"Jaehyun was arrested." Jeno paused, and looked at Hyuck. "I didn't tell them about you. You feel guilty and you're going to spend the rest of your life blaming yourself. That's punishment enough."

Jeno nodded, swallowing, and jumped a little when a small hand slipped into his free one. "Breathe," Renjun said, squeezing Jeno's hand once before letting it go. Jeno nodded and took a deep breath, Renjun smiling fondly at him.

"Looks like you resolved your differences fast."

"The three of us spent all night talking. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Jaem?" Everyone shook their heads, just as the warning bell rang, and they scattered to their first class, which was study hall for Jeno and Renjun.

When they walked in, someone was sitting in Jaemin's seat with blonde hair and a mixture of pastel pink and blue highlights, his back to them as he discussed something with a girl. The light blue jeans and pink sweater matched his hair, and he seemed to be laughing at something she said.

She pointed at the two boys, and I turned to look back at them, tearing my gaze away from my cousin and settling on them with a smile. "Hi."

Renjun barrelled towards me and hugged me tightly, sobbing into my sweater as I held him tightly, whispering soft condolences.

"I missed you Nana," Renjun finally said. "I'm so happy to see you smile again."

"I missed smiling too," I responded, hugging him tightly before letting him go. "Do you want a hug too Jeno?"

"If you don't mind," Jeno said, and I pulled him into a tight hug, standing on my tiptoes to whisper something in his ear.

"I've liked you since the fifth grade." Jeno turned red and smiled widely, eyes crinkling into crescents.

"That reminds me, I have something for you two!"

"Jeno, we didn't need anything," Renjun protested, and Jeno pouted.

"But we'll accept it," I said, and Jeno beamed, pulling something out of his bag.

"I heard you both like plushies, so here's a small Moomin plush keychain for Renjun, and here's a Ryan plush keychain for you Jaemin."

Renjun's face lit up, and I accepted happily.

We were going to be okay.

Mark and Donghyuck got married eventually. Mark drastically turned his life around, and he became a social worker while Donghyuck inherited his parent's hotel chain and runs it as the CEO. They adopted four children who love to cause nothing but mischief.

Jisung and Chenle are currently engaged, Chenle working in the business field while Jisung does dance therapy. They've already adopted one kid, and he's spoiled to death.

Jeno, Renjun, and I are somehow still okay. And Jeno thinks I don't know, but he's proposing to us tonight. We've been in and out of therapy for years, slowly becoming better people. Renjun is an art teacher at an elementary school, Jeno's a prosecutor, and I'm a novelist.

And to dear Mr. Kim,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole day and night in detention for whatever it was we did wrong.

But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, a floater, a jock, an artist, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal.

And we are all worthy of becoming something and we are worthy of love.

Now, does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, Another Breakfast Club.

P.S. Treat Jungwoo right.

:,)